floor.jpg

Attached is a picture of my apartment floor plan. My couch is backed into the straight living room wall and my speakers are placed on stands near the corners of the oddly shaped living room wall (8" of space behind them/ear-level). I have a TV stand in the middle of that wall, and my center sits on a pair of auralex isolation pads angled 4 degrees up (ear level as well). Clearly this setup is not working at the moment. When listening to the test tones of my speaker calibration (Trinnov/R-972), it's quite apparent the bass output is greater from the Left, compared the the Center and Right. As a result, my calibration chooses to play dialogue through a phantom center. It sounds great when sitting straight ahead, but move an inch left or right and speaker localization becomes horrendous. When I turn off the calibration and play 5.1 material without processing, the center sounds dull and isolated (still better than the phantom if I don't feel like sitting center)

So far I've tried swapping out both sets of Q-plugs, moving the center more forward (12" of space), but the dull bass of the C/L remains. I'm guessing it's room cancellation issue. Should I try pushing all the speakers against the wall with the A-plugs? Any possible suggestions?