Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wall mount for HTM 200se

Default Re: Wall mount for HTM 200se

Quote Originally Posted by wtrimble View Post
    Nate, thanks for posting the pictures (sorry for late reply). How did you tie the picture hanging wire to the screws?
    It's been awhile but I think I did a couple of wraps around the screw and then twisted the wires together. I think there are instructions on the package. Let me try this link thing again
    http://www.amazon.com/OOK-Framers-Ha...productDetails

Quote Originally Posted by Kisakuku View Post
    ah haha, didn't see that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    It's been awhile but I think I did a couple of wraps around the screw and then twisted the wires together. I think there are instructions on the package. Let me try this link thing again
    http://www.amazon.com/OOK-Framers-Ha...productDetails
    Oh ok, I see, thanks. I might have to try this.

Thanks, let me know how they work. I think they would be good for my application too.
    My speakers will be delivered today (170's for rear surrounds) and when I get a chance to figure out the best height and location I'll let you know. I'll probably snap a few pictures too just to show how it goes.

Received the 170's on Friday, got around to putting up the wall mounts this morning. One I was lucky enough to get a stud slightly off center (short wall next to slider). The other wall I had to use toggle bolts as there was no stud where I had to mount it.

The installation is pretty easy and straight forward. I marked my top height on the wall, plumbed the mount and marked my holes. Using the supplied screws and my battery drill it went smoothly. I repeated the process for the other speaker with the toggle bolts and they hold wonderfully. First picture is mounted to a stud

Im happy with the results, a good solution and they were inexpensive wall mounts. I paid $35 for the mounts through Amazon.

I can try to upload pics if you are interested.
    Last edited by phipp01; 04-07-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phipp01 View Post
    Received the 170's on Friday, got around to putting up the wall mounts this morning. One I was lucky enough to get a stud slightly off center (short wall next to slider). The other wall I had to use toggle bolts as there was no stud where I had to mount it.

The installation is pretty easy and straight forward. I marked my top height on the wall, plumbed the mount and marked my holes. Using the supplied screws and my battery drill it went smoothly. I repeated the process for the other speaker with the toggle bolts and they hold wonderfully. First picture is mounted to a stud

Im happy with the results, a good solution and they were inexpensive wall mounts. I paid $35 for the mounts through Amazon.

I can try to upload pics if you are interested.
    Yeah pictures would be great. I'd like to see how far they stick out from the wall, this is my determining factor on how to mount these bad boys.

Nate, did you hang the speakers upside down? The only screws on the back are on the bottom, other than the four that are around the binding posts. It looks like your speakers are hung at the top

Not upside down. They can be mounted either way. The grill can be switched.

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Not upside down. They can be mounted either way. The grill can be switched.
    Tweeter position defines how the speaker is oriented, not the grille.

Yeah pictures would be great. I'd like to see how far they stick out from the wall, this is my determining factor on how to mount these bad boys.
    I just took a quick measurement and from the wall to the front of the side clamp (that is the farthest point from the wall) it is 10.25 inches. From the wall to the front of the 170 grille is 12 inches. I will put up pictures when I get home from work.