Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wall mount for HTM 200se

Default Wall mount for HTM 200se

Hey guys, I've just ordered the HTM 200se 's for surround duties with the omnimount 20 wall brackets Ascend recommends for them. However, the lady at Ascend called me and told me that Omnimoint discontinued the 20's and that I would have to find another bracket to use.

Can anyone recommend wall brackets that I could use for the 200's? The lady at Ascend didnt have any good recommendations because they have been using the Omnimoint 20s for so long and they have just recently discontinued them.

My only requirement is that they keep the 200s as close to the wall as possible as the room is small and I dont want them protruding too much! Thats why I went with the 200s in the first place, as they are not as deep as the others.

By the way, I have Sierra -1 espresso fronts, and have just ordered a Sierra espresso center and the 200s to (almost) complete my 5.1 system. I love the Sierras and cant wait to get the remaining speakers! I just need to find a good subwoofer now that won't competely break the bank!

Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Wall mount for HTM 200se

I'm using picture hanging wire tied to the two screws on the back of the speaker. With the speaker hung on the wall that way it has a bit of an angle that I like.

That's an interesting option.. and kindof appeals to me as this would keep it the closest to the wall. Though it seems kindof unstable, especially since it would be in walk way where people would be walking by and could potentially knock into it. Do you secure it to the wall with anything else?

Anyone else have any more traditional methods/products?

My speakers are not near traffic but I still don't feel that they are unsteady. The wire between the screws is fairly taut. I also used earthquake picture hooks.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by natetg57; 03-28-2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Added pics

Last edited by natetg57; 04-03-2013 at 04:19 PM.

I just ordered these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll be using them with the 170's for rear surround duty. If you are interested I can let you know how they are to install.

Quote Originally Posted by phipp01 View Post
    I just ordered these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll be using them with the 170's for rear surround duty. If you are interested I can let you know how they are to install.
    Thanks, let me know how they work. I think they would be good for my application too.

Nate, thanks for posting the pictures (sorry for late reply). How did you tie the picture hanging wire to the screws?

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Can you spell the name of this product. The link you provided did not open up successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by wtrimble View Post
    Can you spell the name of this product. The link you provided did not open up successfully.
    Two "http"s would do that.
    http://www.amazon.com/Selby-Hardware...ref=pd_cp_hi_0