Thread: New Owner.....

Default New Owner.....

Recently purchased a Yamaha RX-673 and a Klipsch RW-12D and have been researching speakers for the better part of 4 weeks to round out a 5.1 system.

Hopped off the fence today I am happy to report. Had the wife order up 2 b stock 340se's for LR, a 340se center, and 2 170se's for surround duty. And a set of the stands for the 340's.

Now the waiting game begins!

Default Re: New Owner.....

Quote Originally Posted by wader2k View Post
    Recently purchased a Yamaha RX-673 and a Klipsch RW-12D and have been researching speakers for the better part of 4 weeks to round out a 5.1 system.

Hopped off the fence today I am happy to report. Had the wife order up 2 b stock 340se's for LR, a 340se center, and 2 170se's for surround duty. And a set of the stands for the 340's.

Now the waiting game begins!
    You should be very happy with that set-up. Just make sure you run YPAO a second time once you reach your 30hrs of break-in. The center and surrounds will sound thin (maybe the b-stocks too), for the first week or so. Once they've had time to adjust, you'll be very surprised by the improvement in sound. Run YPAO again, and you'll have yourself a well calibrated system.
    Last edited by Stump909; 02-26-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks for the advice! I am still searching for a decent tv console to put everything in/on.
    Finding one with a large enough hole for the center speaker is not easy. The TV is a 60" Vizio LCD.
    I might end up sitting the TV on the center channel.

I think I should have posted this in the Introduce Yourself subforum.....

Quote Originally Posted by wader2k View Post
    I might end up sitting the TV on the center channel.
    I don't think that'll work as well as you hope. I'm fairly positive these speakers aren't made to have weight placed on them. There's a thread a little ways down discussing TV stands here. That should give you some decent information. You may want to consider a stand with a TV mount, that way you can just place the speaker on top of the stand (hopefully with enough breathing room behind it).
    Last edited by Stump909; 02-26-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Placing the LCD on a 340SE center is fine, the speaker can easily hold the weight
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Placing the LCD on a 340SE center is fine, the speaker can easily hold the weight
    Thanks for the info Dave! I could have swore I'd seen pictures showing this.