Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CMT Tower

Default Re: CMT Tower

Dave, you may have the best job on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I have been giving this some thought over the past month and while it might seem like I have ignored this thread, trust me -- I haven't

I do have a few ideas but my plate is full right now. I am going to try a few a few things just for fun to see if I like the results...
    You know what, that is what I actually thought. So thanks very much, Dave.

The idea is a less expensive tower than the Sierra Towers using CMT drivers. Maybe an added midrange driver? Target price per pair: less than $1000. I believe there is a market out there for towers in this price range.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaSheep View Post
    Dave, you may have the best job on the planet.
    Music is my passion and not counting my family, the source of the greatest joy in my life. That said, I realized I would never be skilled enough as a guitarist to make it professionally so this is the next best thing to share my passion I must say, however, that the 70+ hour work weeks are not fun...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I just saw this thread. An upgrade to the CMT tower is a great idea. I would definitely be interested in this. Any ETA or price point?

Good idea. Maybe even a CMT-Horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by eRob View Post
    Good idea. Maybe even a CMT-Horizon?
    I would love to see a trickle down of the Horizon design

Two woofers, a dedicated mid and an excellent tweeter, all for around $800 per pair. If there is somebody who can do this really well, it's Ascend Acoustics' Dave. Big fan here.

And I sincerely believe there is a market out there for a tower in this price category.

+1 for a CMT Horizon.
    Last edited by sonicboom; 04-18-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Two woofers, a dedicated mid and an excellent tweeter, all for around $800 per pair. If there is somebody who can do this really well, it's Ascend Acoustics' Dave. Big fan here.

And I sincerely believe there is a market out there for a tower in this price category.

+1 for a CMT Horizon.
    While I can appreciate the idea of a CMT Horizon, it does not make sense to me. A CMT Tower, to me, would simply take the M-T-M driver array from the monitor but in a floorstander which would extend the low frequencies and probably improve dynamics. It would be more directly comparable to the Songtower if only in its driver configuration.

A CMT-Horizon would indicate a dedicated mid driver, which the CMT lacks. The standard CMT center is the logical match for this.

Just my thoughts. Dave can Auto-Correct at any time!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I'm interested to see if this goes anywhere. I can see a CMT tower being successful because many are looking for a tower speaker but the sierra tower is out of their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I have been giving this some thought over the past month and while it might seem like I have ignored this thread, trust me -- I haven't

I do have a few ideas but my plate is full right now. I am going to try a few a few things just for fun to see if I like the results...
    Hi Dave,

Just curious. Any developments towards this direction?

Daniel