Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Definitely set the sub to "on" with the 563a.

-curtis

Okay! Just got off the phone w/Outlaw tech support. They have a 1050 on hand, will set up my scenario there, and let me know what they find! According to them it should work. They did elude to the 1050's replacement as being a 7 channel design employing features unheard of in most receivers. Also it would be a very "Sharp design"!(Insert Boston accent!).

MAG

No more receivers for me....my move to seperates will be complete soon. I just ordered a Sherwood/Newcastle P-965.

-curtis

Sweet machine! Saw it a reliableaudio.com on sale for $1,295.00.......if I only had disposable income

MAG

Hi Guys,

Just so you know... The Sherwood Newcastle separates are, in a word, excellent! Curtis.. please let us know what you paid for it, we can match or beat it for you if you like. We don't advertise it, but we are a Newcastle dealer

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

What will become of the 525[?]

MAG

For now...my Parents get it. They only have a two-channel receiver right now.

They are setting up their HT....50" DLP HDTV, and will be ordering 3 CMT-340's for the front.

BTW...I did not have to "push" the 340's on them...they heard them and wanted them. []

I am actually quite surprised that they are doing all this for their livingroom. They are in thier 60's and healthy, so my Mom wants to enjoy this stuff now. She said to me yesterday "we are spending your and your brothers' inheritance".

-curtis

Well Curtis...you are correct in stating that "most receivers do not do bass management through the 5.1 direct inputs". Aparantly the Outlaw 1050 does not either. Their tech support guy called me this afternoon. He attempted to get it to do what I thought it would do ACCORDING to the manual, and could not get it to work. He found out that was a misprint in earlier manuals.....SOAB!! I guess an ICBM or new receiver w/analog direct bass mgmnt. is in my future.(As Homer Simpson says: Doh!)

MAG

hehehehe....call Ascend and see if you can get a good price on a HK 630 or Sherwood/Newcastle R-865 receiver.....

-curtis

The most cost-effective solution would be an ICBM for $249! I cannot make any more audio gear purchases at least for the next 11 months though. I don't have the income to support frequent upgrades, at least until my wife finishes nursing school in 2 1/2 years. With a mortgage, car payments, tuition for wife & two kids in private school, etc., etc. I can feel the noose tightening!

MAG