Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Just placed an order with Crutchfield for the Denon DVP-2200 universal player. Boy, I can't wait to finally hear my DVD-As in Hi-Rez (instead of merely dts and DD)! []

Hi All,

I have been touting the Pioneer 563a. Well, I want to add some caution to that. This post was brought to my attention today:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=163895

With those crossover points in the 563a's bass management, you would only want to use the player if you have bass management on the 5.1 analog inputs on your pre/pro or receiver(or external like an ICBM).

-curtis

Got the Denon DVD-2200 Tues. pm. So far I'm very pleased with it. I still need to do a lot of reading in the owner's manual. So far the only complaint I have is the lack of a screen-saver, @ $600 I feel that this should be a standard feature. I'm working way too much this week and won't have much spare time to get into the menus and set up until next Wed. at the earliest.

Curtis,

Yeah, if I had more than 2 multichannel music discs I would consider picking up an ICBM, but for now it isn't worth it.

I dont know if anyone gets Sight and Sound but there is a review of the 563a in the current issue. I just received it today. As you would expect it is positive since Pioneer is a big advertiser. Not that it means that is a bad unit, just that we need some more opinions.

Mike Miruski

I recently picked up the 563a at Best Buy. I've read the instruction manual but it's a bit unclear in one area. Maybe Curtis or one of the other 563a owners could chirp in.

I'm using an HK 525 receiver and my question revolve around how I am supposed to hook up the audio for the 563. It's clear that there are 3 inputs:
    1. 5.1 Multi-Channel Inputs
    2. Digital Coaxial Cable
    3. Optical Cable

Obviously I will want to use the 5.1 inputs so I can take advantage of DVD-A/SACD tunes. So, If I'm already using the 5.1 inputs for multi-channel media, do I still need to connect the Optical or Coaxial cables for standard CD Audio and DVD's?

Budman,

I have my 563a hooked up three ways:

For SACD/DVD-A, I use the 5.1 inputs, and let the HK525 handle the bass management.

For DVD movies, I use the optical digital connection.

And for CD's I use the regular L/R RCA's. I could also use the digital connection, but choose not two because the the HK's "dropout" issue with some CD's.

I really like this universal player and really do not see myself changing it until after I get a HDTV and decide to use a digital connection for video.

-curtis

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'll go about it in the same way.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

Budman,

I have my 563a hooked up three ways:

For SACD/DVD-A, I use the 5.1 inputs, and let the HK525 handle the bass management.

For DVD movies, I use the optical digital connection.

And for CD's I use the regular L/R RCA's. I could also use the digital connection, but choose not two because the the HK's "dropout" issue with some CD's.

I really like this universal player and really do not see myself changing it until after I get a HDTV and decide to use a digital connection for video.

-curtis

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

As long as we are in the appropriate forum I guess I'll ask you another question.

When talking about when you get an HDTV and referring to a digital connection, I assume you mean DVI. Will DVI make a big difference over over component inputs on an HDTV?

I figured that I'd hold off on another 2 years or so until blue ray technology(~29GB per DVD or 2 Hours of 1080i) is mainstream and 1080i DVD's are available.

I saw the 563a advertised at Best Buy for $149! My Panny A310(5 yrs old) has started doing naughty things(freezing/pixelization)on certain occasions. I normally do not experience any glitches, but am concerned that if I spend money elsewhere(sub,speakers,etc.)the DVD will unceremoniously take a dump on me! I have an Outlaw 1050 receiver. There is bass management through the standard inputs(analog/digital)but not thru the 5.1 direct. Would the 563a be a good choice NOW even if I did not utilize it's SACD/DVD-A capabilities?

MAG