Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Wow...no suggestions?

-curtis

There is some weird happenings with the cookies on this board as I check daily and this is the first time I have seen this post.

My suggestion and what I will probably be doing myself is getting the pioneer 563a for now and then when the universal DVI players are out or HD universal players I will upgrade then. I am going with a HTPC for the visual end so that makes my choice easier.

The cookies seem to be working ok for me.

I have leaning towards the 563a as well. Would be nice to be able to do DVD-A and SACD on a HTPC.

-curtis

smokey is offline Forum Founder
    Volunteer Administrator

I would love to hear your opinions on the 563a if you get it. It truly seems like the obvious choice for an inexpensive all-in-one.

Get shopping! []

-Smokey

Thanks, the Management.

Yeah...I will probably pick at 563a this weekend if I have time. BradJudy has one too....but he won't get to listen to it much in the next couple of weeks.

A moment of silence please for Johnny Cash and John Ritter.

-curtis

OK, I picked up the Pioneer 563a a couple of nights ago.

So far, I like it, but keep in mind, I really do not know any better. The DVD-A performance seems to be like the CP72. I only have one SACD disc.

I will say that most of the hi-rez discs that I do have sound great to me. The use of the channels is so important.

I paid $179 at BestBuys. At the very least, I think this is a good way to get introduced into hi-rez/multichannel music. This will probably last me until I decide on getting a high def TV with DVI input, then I will get a player that can do DVI as well.

-curtis

Good deal curtis. Let us know if you find anything you dont like. I may pick this up this week.

The only thing that I do not like is the 563a does not have test tones for setting the channel levels. My CP72 had that. I guess I will have to look for a DVD-A/SACD setup disc.

-curtis

Hi Curtis,

You might want to consider the new Denon 2200 Universal. It lists for about $600 and is apparently really good. I've actually got my eye on that! I probably will still continue to use my Marantz DVD player for video and Marantz CD changer for stereo, and will use it primarily for SACDs and DVD-A.

Ajay

Ajay,

I have thought about that. But at almost 3 times the cost of the Pioneer 563a, I am not sure I want to do it. Also modwright.com is working on mods for the Pioneer.....I'm sure they will do it with the Denon too.

Also, I have heard that the DACs on the Pioneer are the same ones used on the Denon.

Right now I am very happy with the 563a. The bass management on my HK525 takes care of the bass management issues with the 563a. It all seems to work well. I do not have anyplans to return it,

-curtis