Thread: ARC EQed

Default ARC EQed

Have a look what do you guys see...still in the learning process of using this software....gotta start somewhere...

fronts-surrounds (640x341).jpgcentre-sub (640x341).jpg
    Last edited by billy p; 01-11-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Default Re: ARC EQed

Very cool! Well, it smoothed that 200hz with a heavy hand and slapped it around at the same time! Really smoothed your sub response as well, very nice but how does it sound? The smooth response is hard to debate with the results and as long as it sounds good to you, your sound should be excellent. What were your immediate listening differences after running ARC? It is a amazing program!

Yeah..that was a nasty peak @ 200hz...likely caused by my surrounds being side wall mounted between or corner loaded effects. As for the sub it was bought to my attenion that the volume was a wee bit high....I must have moved it while I was looking to disable the subs EQ....

I could adjust it manually but that is not why I bought this receiver....so far everything sounds great....most music has been listned too in analog domain with my CD player...I'll be better served when I have everything hooked up and able to used ARC through HDMI....

Any suggestions as to what is causing that large dip around 150-160hz in both my fronts. The STC OTOH looks very good in comparision to the L/R after ARC did its thing?

Here is a picture....I have some flexibility going from s2s...less so outwardly maybe a few inches....currently they have about 18" from the back wall.

Thanks...
    Last edited by billy p; 01-13-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Any suggestions as to what is causing that large dip around 150-160hz in both my fronts. The STC OTOH looks very good in comparision to the L/R after ARC did its thing?
    Wow -- that is a fantastic in-room response! I am most impressed with the tower's response before the autoEQ That annoying dip in the 150Hz range is floor bounce, where the response of the lower woofers is "bouncing" off the floor and going back to your mic, out of phase with the "direct sound" from the woofers thus causing both cancellations at certain frequencies and boost at other frequencies. You won't see it so much with the center channel because the woofers are at a different height and the center is sitting on a large baffle (it is still there though)

Don't be concerned about floor bounce, it is unavoidable and looks much worse on an on-axis frequency response measurement than it really is. Move the mic (or the speaker) even an inch or two higher or lower and the measurement in that region will change significantly. Keep in mind that what you are hearing is a combination of the direct sound and indirect sound (reflected sound) and since the fundamentals of each subsequent reflection are going to be at difference frequencies, they tend to even themselves out when considering the overall response to our ears (especially in the case of floor bounce). In most cases, it is better if AutoEq systems apply only minimal corrections to this range as too much compensation makes the speakers sound boomy and unbalanced.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Dave, just wanna say thanks ...for the kind words and taking the time in explaing things so I can better understand what was going on. Yeah...I'll use those tips & see if that changes anything...but it won't be until I can switch out my current surrounds with some new HTM-200's...will be talking to you guys soon.

Re: Bill...