Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would a subwoofer help a pair of sierra1s sound fuller?

Default Re: Would a subwoofer help a pair of sierra1s sound fuller?

The svs looks pretty nice and would probably be fine. I only have experience with the rythmik so I know how it sounds but I know svs is well regarded so it sounds like you can't go wrong, especially if you don't care about HT or earth shaking bass from blasting electronic music or rap. I almost got a 12" but the 15" was on sale so I got it to avoid possible buyers remorse but it may be more than I need. Your room doesn't look that big to me. I think a smaller room might actually make it harder to get good bass because of peaks and nulls. The only thing is to see if it has a continuously variable phase knob instead of just 0 or 180 degrees. I could be over thinking it but phase seems to be much more important than I used to think. I thought something might be wrong with my new sierra towers until I checked my sub and realized I had somehow left the phase knob at about 1 o clock. I played a bassy song and turned it slowly up from 0 degrees and found the sweet spot at around 15 degrees. I was an amazing difference and I finally had the full sound I was missing. Slapped myself in the head and went back to the music.
    Last edited by Brannigan; 01-14-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Default Re: Would a subwoofer help a pair of sierra1s sound fuller?

On second thought the phase will probably be fine at 0 degrees. Maybe I was over thinking it. I'm sure the svs is awesome.