Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SVS entering the $400 market..

Shows you what I know. hehe []

Clutch, I actually would be very interested in the type of sub Ascend could come with, as well as speakers from SVS.

-curtis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Maybe so, but why do so many good speaker manufacturers produce mediocre subs? If that weren't the case I don't think Hsu and SVS would be where they are now.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My simple explanation is this, subwoofer design is a precise science, loudspeaker design is science combined with art. The same engineers who can produce top quality subwoofers rely on numbers and are accustomed to this, numbers alone will not guarantee a good sounding loudspeaker. Subwoofer design and loudspeaker design almost contradict each other...

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hello,

I'm jumping on this thread a little late, but I'm in the market for an affordable sub (after buying 340s across the front, upgrade-itis is in full effect) and I'm curious about people's opinions of whether the new SVS sub (PB10-ISD) might outperform the HSU VTF-2 MK2. I can pre-order the SVS for $399 and get the HSU with the Ascend package deal for about $450.

Any recommendations? (My room is about 12 x 22, but wall-rattling bass isn't really a desired goal -- just good, musical bottom end)

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...1&pagenumber=5

Edward is an excellent reviewer. Read his review of the STF-3 and the PB1 to get a good idea of how he reviews subs. I'll make my choice after Ed finishes his review. The intro price on the PB10 is good for at least another month and a half.

David

curtis,
    what's your opinion on this sub, after hearing it at the holiday inn? that good?

Did you go? Didn't you hear it?[] Hard to judge...all they did was play it loud....nothing really to compare it too.

They were really pushing the CMT-340's too in order to fill that big room with sound at those high SPL levels. Still sounded great, but I think the tweets were straining a bit.

The Outlaw setup nextdoor didn't have a chance with the speakers they were using.

-curtis