Thread: TV Stand with equipment bays recommendations

Default TV Stand with equipment bays recommendations

I'd like to get a nice credenza for the living room to put the TV on and have all the equipment nicely tucked in. I currently have a stand with two columns but it's packed already.

I do see several nice items when I google but I'm worried about the ability of these to handle the weight of my 70lb amp in addition to everything else! The unit I have now sits flat on the floor (see below), no legs.

Any have something that can hold a large amp and looks nice?

Jim

Default Re: TV Stand with equipment bays recommendations

You can take a look at new line from Sanus:

http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...s/av-alabaster

I just got the 73 inch version, but it also comes in 53. you may have to check the measurements to make sure your amp will fit, but the bottom slide out shelves hold 100 lbs. It also has glass dorrs, so you may or may not want that.

It's not cheap, but its real furniture grade stuff. No flake board, real well thought out removable back panels etc.

That is what I need! Just wish that had a few different styles to choose from in that weight class. Thanks!

I recently purchased a Salamander unit, as I was having difficulty finding one with enough component space for my multi disc players. I've been pleased with it, and they have several lines and configurations available, most of which are available through Amazon. As with most though, *some* assembly required.

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/products/av.jsp
    Last edited by jakeroux; 01-11-2013 at 03:32 PM.

I'll say this; I recently had the opportunity to see several models of av units from alternate competitive brands that I was considering. They were all in the same price range as the acv line from Sanus, but most looked and felt like flimsey junk in comparison; particle board, cheap h/w, and questionable construction.