Thread: White surrounds to go with sierra1s

Default White surrounds to go with sierra1s

Hello all.

I have recently bought my first set of speakers, Ascend Sierra left/center/right. My receiver is a Yamaha RX-v867. Sub is BIC F12. The surround speakers will be mounted to the ceiling which is 9 feet. It's not the best of placement as the will be 12 feet apart and at least 8feet from our seating position,but that's the best I can do as there are ceiling mounts already and I won't put more holes in ceiling.

The only problem is waf. These speakers must be white as larger non white speakers that stick out and mess up the look of the place is a no no, she says. Hhhhmmmmm. Now I'm stuck.
    The living room is an open floor plan that joins the kitchen. Prob 20x35 feet. Music and tv/ht is 50-50.

The speakers I have found so far are Audioengine p4, def tech pro moniter 800, **** 161. All come in white, smaller size and might be more inconspicuous. decent? Which might match better with the Sierras. Will they be ok for space that size? Price wise I am willing to spend up to 300-400.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Default Re: White surrounds to go with sierra1s

The P4 come without a grill I think. So that may not work. The definitive's have a metal domed tweeter. I wouldn't recommend that since you want the sound to blend.

Axiom speakers have metal tweeters, and are available in white with white grills.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/qs4-surround-sound-speakers

B.

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    The P4 come without a grill I think. So that may not work. The definitive's have a metal domed tweeter. I wouldn't recommend that since you want the sound to blend.
    Hi. You are right about that. P4s probably won't work.

How does Absolute zeros match with sierras? They come in white and has white grills. I will look up axioms.

Thanks. Shayiq

another option could be to have the Htm-200's painted white and then recover the grills with white cloth.