Thread: surround placement advice

Default surround placement advice

I'm planning to (finally) pull the trigger on my birthday/Christmas gift this week: a pair of CMT-340s, a CMT 340 center, a pair of CBM-170s, and a Rythmik FV15HP.

Here are a few shots of my room. Any advice on where to place the surrounds?

This photo is taken from upstairs looking down toward the primary listening position.

These next two are taken from the tv looking toward the primary listening position.

These last two are taken from the primary listening position looking up.

The ceiling in the kitchen is about 9' high. From the primary listening postion to the side wall is about 6' to the left and about 9' to the right (the right doesn't have a true side wall -- I'm just talking about the corner).

Unless somebody has a better idea, I think I need to wall mount. I would love to hear some ideas/feedback.

Thanks!

Default Re: surround placement advice

If it was me, I'd probably get swivel wall mounts. I would put the speakers 8 or 8.5 ft high. The right one could go between the vent and the corner and the left one could go directly above the light switches. If the right one angles enough, the speakers would be aimed slightly behind and above the main listening position.To improve placement and aesthetics you could go with HTM-200's.