Thread: 3.1 Suggestions for this room

Default 3.1 Suggestions for this room

I'm looking for a 3.1 setup for this room.
    It is about 5000 cu ft but the listening positions are from 8-10 ft.

I think I would like to put the speakers inside the highlighted positions of the cabinets, but I'm not sure if that as a good idea for the speakers.
    I may be able to squeeze in speakers and a stand on the outside of each cabinet.

I also don't have much room for the center in front of the tv because there is about 8 inches from the top of the cabinet to the bottom of the tv's screen. It's about 8 inches from the top of the cabinet to the bottom of the tv's screen.

I know this is a big room but I only want to spend about $300-$400 maybe a bit more on a sub.
    I just want the sub to add a little something extra to movie watching and music. I don't need for anyone to feel it hit them in the chest.

I'm trying to set this up for my parents.

I think everything will be powered by an Onkyo TX-NR616 or Onkyo TX-NR709.

I have 340s and 170s in other setups, and I think they are great but I'm not sure what to go with in this situation, especially with the space constraints.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.

Default Re: 3.1 Suggestions for this room

Could go with 3 HTM-200's across the front. They are sealed so putting them inside the cabinet should not be an issue. They are also a small enough to fit underneath your TV. When used as a center there only 6.5 inches tall. Where would you be putting your sub? Could you put it next to or behind your couch? That would allow you to run the sub at an lower volume putting less strain on it.
    Andrew
    -------------------------

TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR706, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Blu Ray: Sony BDP-N460
    Fronts/Center/Surrounds: Sierra Towers Nrt, Sierra-1, HTM-200
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK-4

Default Re: 3.1 Suggestions for this room

Consider different cabinets?

B.