Thread: Bi-wire

Default Bi-wire

Hello,

A question:

I have an Adcom GFA-5802 amp with bi-wire outputs (not bi-amp) and a set of Audioquest Midnight Bi-wire speaker cables. I've recently ordered a set of Sierra Towers (in Piano Black thanks to the sale). Sierras are one set of inputs.

What are your thought on the setup here:
    1) Get new speaker cables and go normal output to speaker input
    2) Connect Audioquest bi-wire cables to amp's bi-wire outputs and then connect both sets of spades together at the speaker
    3) Connect both sets of spades of the Audioquest cables to amp's normal outputs and then connect both sets of spades together at the speaker
    4) Connect one setup of the Audioquests spades to normal output and then to speakers and don't use other set of spades (maybe short them together one one end, both ends, neither end???).

Thoughts?

Jim

Default Re: Bi-wire

If you believe those speaker cables make an audible difference (or you really perceive a difference), then try to salvage them for use. Personally, I'd sell them to someone who's willing to pay a high price for them. But among your options where you save your cable, #3 is the best option. But moving the location of your speakers 3 centimeters to either side will make a bigger audible difference than swapping your cables out for 14-gauge OFC speaker wire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ
    Last edited by bkdc; 12-17-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Default Re: Bi-wire

I was thinking choice 3 as well. It just becomes one speaker wire at that point. Not sure what the resale on these would be but I may explore that and buy some of Dave's twisted cables.