Thread: Forum Hacked!

Angry Forum Hacked!

Everyone, I am sorry to say that our forum was hacked late Friday night. Malware was injected into the forum database via an exploit in the forum software. We did our best to try and remove this but unfortunately, we were not successful. The only option we had from that point was to restore the database from a previous backup.

I am happy to report that everything is working fine once again and that this hazardous exploit in vBulletin has been patched. Unfortunately, any posts from the past three days (Friday, Sat, Sun) are now floating around in a black hole.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, it has been a rough and expensive weekend for us, but getting the forum back up and running was our #1 #2 and #3 priority.

Please let me know if you encounter any strange behavior (ignoring our members of course )

Back online.. Enjoy!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Forum Hacked!

I'm not surprised that it came down to a restore. These things are really tricky to completely sanitize. And yeah, I'm sure that everyone involved with the forum recovery had nothing better to do this weekend...sheesh.

I have some choice words for the clowns who find pleasure in malicious hacking, stealing, defacing, and causing general mayhem in people's lives, but I'm going to bite my tongue and keep this thread clean.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Please let me know if you encounter any strange behavior (ignoring our members of course )
    Ha!!

Thanks again to everyone involved with restoring order. You are appreciated!
    -Jacob

I find it surprising that someone would target a relatively small site like this one. But then I've never understood the mind of a deviant anyway...

Good to see the forums back. Good not to see the Safari Warning when I click on the forums from Google.