Thread: Placement help

Default Placement help

I am close to buying Ascend 5.1 setup for HT, either towers or sierra-1 for mains, but regardless of which I choose I need your guys help on placement issues.

Hopefully the picture shows up of my family room. I think the most logical would be to the left of the TV and to the right of the fireplace but will having the one almost double the distance cause any issues? From center to the left is about 4' and from center to the right of the fireplace is 8'. The center and surrounds will not be an issue.

Thanks Ascend family!

fyi hoping to get a 65" LED to replace my aging 47" LCD early next year :-)

Last edited by atcjeep; 11-27-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Default Re: Placement help

What receiver will you be using? Where will the center be placed?

Thanks!

Got a great deal on the Onkyo 818 over the weekend, should be arriving next week. I plan to wall mount the TV and have the center sit on top of the tv stand under the TV.

I was going to suggest the Sherwood receiver with the Trinnov correction setup that could re-place your speakers for optimum location digitally. Its on the site most go to for refurb Onkyo and Denon receivers. Crazy technology to fullfill those limited built in's in most homes lately.

So are you saying it will cause issues with my front stage?

I have the Sherwood w/ Trinnov, and love it, but it is hard for me to recommend because it has operational quirks that I know could drive some people crazy.
    -curtis

Your Onkyo has MultEQ XT32 which is their 2nd finest next to their pro program. I'm sure it will have little issues setting the delays and distance at your listening spot. Pretty powerful processing, shouldn't worry friend

Clarification, will you wall mount over the fireplace? I was trying to find which wall would accept the mount. Or, wall mount deep within the build in?

I was thinking about wall mounting deep in the recess and having an arm bring the TV out flush with the outer wall. I think I read somewhere on the forum that its ok to place a TV on top of the horizon, might go that route to make things less complicated.

We are wanting a new house in the next few years and I told my wife the only two requirements I had for the new house would be a room that would give me the best 5.1 set up possible and a 4 car garage

Me too, all I require is a dedicated room with equal wall lengths. I tell the wifey the same thing, just give me a decent sized room. I'd love a 12'-15' wide room and 18'-20' deep with a door or french doors. The built in cabinets for me as we look at homes limits so much in the living rooms, don't like it. TV recess off in the corners and cabinets non movable built in, no place for towers or a center let alone placing surrounds between the kitchen and living room. Sometimes the floor plans make no sense. My dads an architect here in California and its crazy to see what people want when they remodel or how they want their living room.