Thread: understanding the 50/12 and 80/12 settings.

Default understanding the 50/12 and 80/12 settings.

This is taken from Rythmik website.

For users not using bass management: select either 50hz/24 or 80hz/24. 50hz/24 means the plate amp implement a low pass filter with a fixed 12db at 50hz, plus the 12db adjustable knob to make up a 24db total slope. Similarly for 80hz/24. The following shows the frequency response of this 50hz and 80hz fixed filter.

My question is when you are set to 50hz/12, you have a fixed 12db plus 12 more db with the adjustable knob. Which knob is the designer talking about? The phase knob?

I just ordered my F12 and have been studying the control setting. I really I have more control than my REL.

Thank you.

Default Re: understanding the 50/12 and 80/12 settings.

Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    This is taken from Rythmik website.

Which knob is the designer talking about? The phase knob?
    It's the crossover knob.
    I just got mine set up last month. With the help of REW, I was able to temper a big peak in my room around 40hrtz using the PEQ controls.
    I don't know too much about the crossovers, I'm bypassing it on mine and just using the crossover in the receiver.

Default Re: understanding the 50/12 and 80/12 settings.

I have tried with either setting(50/80 or ext), when using the crossover knob, it seems to me it doesnt adjust the frequency rather then the slope to me.