Thread: ideas for securing speaker to entertainment center (toddler proofing)

Default ideas for securing speaker to entertainment center (toddler proofing)

I'm hoping to order my Sierra-1s this week. I plan to place them on the cabinet posted below and mount my display using a floater bracket that attaches to the back of the cabinet (this will allow the center channel to sit on the cabinet below the display).

I plan to place the speakers near the front edge of the cabinet so the port has some room to breathe away from the wall. I also have a two year old.

Any ideas on securing the speakers?

Default Re: ideas for securing speaker to entertainment center (toddler proofing)

I would just use some blu-tack adhesive to couple the speakers to the surface of the stand. I used this stuff to attach my speakers to some stands. Works great and it is also removable if you ever need to move the speakers.

http://www.amazon.com/Blu-Tack-Reusa...words=blu+tack
    Andrew
    -------------------------

TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR706, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Blu Ray: Sony BDP-N460
    Fronts/Center/Surrounds: Sierra Towers Nrt, Sierra-1, HTM-200
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK-4

Default Re: ideas for securing speaker to entertainment center (toddler proofing)

Another option often recommended by Ascend and others....

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Crystalline-C...item230f2ff730

I used the blu tack with excellent results...

Thanks guys!

I think I'll give the museum wax a go. I'm a teacher and I use blu-tack to hold posters to the wall with varying results haha.

My speakers are secured to their stands with Blu-tack and it really does hold well. It takes a pretty firm twist to get them to move.