Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TV stand for sierra horizon?

Default Re: TV stand for sierra horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    With the center channel being so low, will there be anything like a coffee table in front of it?
    No there will not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    It is so easy to mount your monitor on the wall. We managed it in about an hour and used a plastic cover, painted to match, over the wires. Crutchfield's web site has a tool for all the measurements, depending on the mount, and monitor.

The Center channel will sound so much better on the cabinet. . A couple of days ago, I used a couple of sorbothane pads to raise the front of our custom Horizon center speaker.about 3/4". I was surprised at the improvement. The Mid Range coupling with our Towers is spot on. I am now listening to music with the three front speakers set large, and no sub, using Yamaha's "seven channel" stereo setting. What a sound stage! I always felt that the cabinet between the speakers affected the imaging. ( We have a 3.1 set up)

B.
    No way of wall mounting due to space. Ceiling angles to wall. Max height at TV position is 5'10.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    It is so easy to mount your monitor on the wall. We managed it in about an hour and used a plastic cover, painted to match, over the wires. Crutchfield's web site has a tool for all the measurements, depending on the mount, and monitor.

The Center channel will sound so much better on the cabinet. . A couple of days ago, I used a couple of sorbothane pads to raise the front of our custom Horizon center speaker.about 3/4". I was surprised at the improvement. The Mid Range coupling with our Towers is spot on. I am now listening to music with the three front speakers set large, and no sub, using Yamaha's "seven channel" stereo setting. What a sound stage! I always felt that the cabinet between the speakers affected the imaging. ( We have a 3.1 set up)

B.
    I'm with you, B. I think he said that wasn't an option. I was very uncertain about doing it, too, but it was really easy and the results are great! We used a mount that extends out about 28" so the monitor seems to float above the center. Couldn't be happier with the results. The tweeters are nearly on the same plane, l/c/r, and I think I will prop the center up a few inches to make them even.

My wife and I did it in about an hour and 1/2 and there were ZERO four letter words involved. That in and of itself is a feat, or tells you how easy it was.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaSheep View Post
    I'm with you, B. I think he said that wasn't an option. I was very uncertain about doing it, too, but it was really easy and the results are great! We used a mount that extends out about 28" so the monitor seems to float above the center. Couldn't be happier with the results. The tweeters are nearly on the same plane, l/c/r, and I think I will prop the center up a few inches to make them even.

My wife and I did it in about an hour and 1/2 and there were ZERO four letter words involved. That in and of itself is a feat, or tells you how easy it was.

how high are the tweeters of tower from ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    how high are the tweeters of tower from ground?
    The towers are about 34" off the carpeted floor, measured to the center of the dome. My center currently is about 31" from the floor. Before I go through the trouble of raising it and the TV 3", I will angle the speaker using foam pads and a laser pointer to see if I notice a difference.

Regarding space for monitor...

We use a 55 Inch Monitor. our stand is 24 inches tall, with a compact horizon center, 4 inches space from the Horizon to the bottom of the monitor. The top of the monitor is 61 inches from the floor.

Look at Crutchfields tool linked to their wall mount section. It depends on the mount, and monitor. A 63" might fit. They give the measurements for the screw holes to the 1/4 inch. ( You do need to have room to lift the hooks over the mount)

A good project when Thanksgiving company is there. Lots of free advice :-)

B
    Last edited by Blutarsky; 11-18-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    the omni stands are too small for my tv !!!

Can you post a picture of your auditioning room dave?
    Here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

thanks for the picture. I already have a stand now just deciding on raal or not . Taking me way longer than i thought. Wish i lived closer so could test it out myself.