Thread: Why did you purchase the Sierra Towers?

Default Why did you purchase the Sierra Towers?

Please answer the following questions and add whatever thought process was involved in your purchasing decision.

Why were the Sierra Tower Speakers Better than Xxxxx Speakers
    a) That I previously owned?
    b) That I recently demo'ed? All Brands and Models owned or demo'ed!

What options did you order with the Towers? RAAL or NrT Tweeter? Finish options? Dual Binding posts? Any other options?

What Amp(s) power the towers in your setup?

Percent Movies/Music?

I am especially interested in why you think the towers are better than other specific speakers or how you personally reached your decision to buy.

If we get enough answers this could be a good user generated database for prospective buyers.

Default Re: Why did you purchase the Sierra Towers?

Because they're the best speakers....ever....in the history of speakers.

Default Re: Why did you purchase the Sierra Towers?

I'm not a fanboy but my Sierra Tower RAAL piano finish is simply the most accurate traditional looking floorstander I've ever owned. No bells and whistles or fancy styling, everything is added only if it's measurably beneficial to the sound. Hard to find another product designed with sound reproduction perfection in mind that doesn't look like some studio pro monitors. And I've been in this hobby for decades... Basically it's one of the few audio product that I will be keeping for decades along with my Newform Research R630 that's different but just as pleasurable to listen to. "Better" than what? KEF, Dynaudio, Focal, PSB, Usher, Totem, Wilson, Focal, Mordaunt Short, Mission, Paradigm... and I'm referring to a few top models in each of those brands.

I can easily get a pair of speakers costing the same as a new Lamborghini but haven't found a better sounding one that's the same size as the Tower RAALs. I think that's saying a lot. Paired with the NAD C390DD "power DAC" I believe after all these decades I won't be upgrading my setup for another 15-20 years.

Getting off topic, I recently took delivery of the CBM-170 SE and it replaced the decent Usher Be-718. Bottomline: no fancy cabinets or drivers can beat true measurable accuracy regardless of price. Ascend taught me that and unless I'm specifically looking for out of norm designs, it's hard not to check Dave's products first.