Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Center channel mounts for CMT-340 SE

Wink Re: Center channel mounts for CMT-340 SE

http://www.timelesswroughtiron.com/w...bels-s/668.htm

Corbels or Mantel Brackets give a more "designer" look. Can always screw a wood shelf on them for the speaker to set on.

B.

Default Re: Center channel mounts for CMT-340 SE

I'm going to "flip" the "L" brackets upside down so that the vertical leg is hidden behind the speaker. With the brackets painted to match the speaker cabinet the support should be close to invisible.

Levitating in a cloud of euphonia.

B.

That's the plan. Hopefully the CMT-340 center will work well with our Sierra-1 fronts! (Yeah - I cheaped out)

Quote Originally Posted by dgseng View Post
    I'm going to "flip" the "L" brackets upside down so that the vertical leg is hidden behind the speaker.
    Be careful about doing this. When the L bracket is mounted as is intended, the wall is providing a push back force against the bottom of the bracket to help support the weight of whatever you put on it. If you mount it upside down the top of the L bracket will be pulling away from the wall instead of pushing into it, and the only thing keeping it in place is the screw into the wall. If you're not going into a stud there's a good chance the speaker's weight could pull the screw right out of the wall.

Good reminder Kald9299. Fortunately, I'm going to be able to hit a stud - fabbing up a custom bracket out of aluminum.