Thread: Epik Legend $400

Default Sold:Epik Legend $400

This is a little over a year old. I'm selling it so I can join the Rythmik club. It has good extension and sound quality, better IMO than the SVS PB10-NSD that it replaced. It is in very good condition and includes the original box. Clean, non-smoking home. Find it on Audiogon. I live near central Ohio and am willing to drive to meet or deliver.
    Last edited by natetg57; 04-01-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Sold

Default Re: Epik Legend $400

Hello - you still have that Epik Legend available?? I would love to help you get rid of that if you still have it. Thanks!
    -Jesse
    jesse.gebhardt@gmail.com

The sub is gone. Sorry I didn't edit my post. You're the first one to respond. Have you checked out Rythmik's new lower priced sub LV12?

I havent yet, but I definitely will. I liked how the Legend has the dual opposed drivers to reduce vibration. Do you find that it makes much of a difference? My main concern is not pissing off the neighbors since I live in a townhome... I thought this might help, but if you dont think it makes much of a difference then I will definitely consider that new Rythmik sub.

Im guessing the opposing drivers that reduce box vibration isnt going to matter much if that thing is at a loud volume anyway...

Thanks

The sound quality was pretty good, but not as good as the Rythmik. I got a 15" DIY kit. I didn't like the bass boost built into the Legend. It can't be turned off and it sounded boomy in my room. Maybe something like this would help. http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolati...ion_gramma.asp

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    The sound quality was pretty good, but not as good as the Rythmik. I got a 15" DIY kit. I didn't like the bass boost built into the Legend. It can't be turned off and it sounded boomy in my room. Maybe something like this would help. http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolati...ion_gramma.asp
    How did that work out? Did you get it from Rythmik directly? I am thinking about DIY as well. I may even have a bow I can reuse. Just interested to know how the DIY work with the 15" Rythmik set up.
    THX

Quote Originally Posted by zogy View Post
    How did that work out? Did you get it from Rythmik directly? I am thinking about DIY as well. I may even have a bow I can reuse. Just interested to know how the DIY work with the 15" Rythmik set up.
    THX
    I like it. Sound quality is great for music and movies. If I did it again, I might have a local cabinet builder cut the blanks. My imprecise cutting cost me a lot of time in later sanding. I would also consider buying a box from parts express. I also got a mike and used REW to adjust the peq to lower a big 40hz peak in my room.