Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else sick of the AVS Forum?

HEY! [] - got any honeys you guys can hook me up with??!

i still enjoy avs and the online format. i believe online brands are accounting for a higher percentage of recommendations simply because avs is an online forum itself. users become acquainted with the format and dig deeper. more and more consumers are purchasing items online due to the type of fast paced world we live in. heck, i just bought a bunch of items normally purchased at walgreens/wal-mart over the internet. it was fast, easy, cheap, and i didn't have to leave the house while waiting on the laundry. the format is so right on the money at this day and age. i_love_it. i'm doing the same thing with a guitar...www.lakewood.de

forums have a tendency to be subjective and we just have to realize this while browsing threads. attacks will happen and threads will close. in a sense i submit that ascend owners (you and i) are a representation of the company as an online community. i think the best we can do as civilized and mature people is not to fall into a trap of criticizing other brands, or becoming overly defensive of the brand(s) we own if and when they are criticized. life is too short! listen and enjoy.

selah,

metalaaron

I'm sick of AVS Speakers specifically (i frequent several of the other forums there still), not because of anything having to do with that specific forum, rather because I participated there in the first place to discover the ultimate speaker; one for a fair price that's better than what most people use.

Now that I have a set of 5.1 ascends/HSU, I dont really have much incentive to hang out there. These speakers are everything they promised to be, and I still cry sometimes (when no one is looking) when i'm listening to some beautiful vocals come out of my cbm-340c.

I still get "wow those sound beautiful, where did you get those.". I say, "oh, its this little custom speaker designer out of California. I just didn't want to settle on what every else is buying". I'm sure they think I paid a fortune for them, which is ok with me :-).

Back to my point, they're wonderful and i'm a satisfied consumer. I'm focused on enjoying them now. Thanks again, David.

Azanon