Thread: Speaker Dent - Sound Quality Query.

Default Speaker Dent - Sound Quality Query.

Unfortunately, today as I was setting up my CMT 340SEs, I noticed this dent shown in the pics below:

I'm not particularly sure how this happened, since after I unpacked all the speakers, I noticed no issues and put it on our formal dining room table to wait till our contractor had our HT room finished up. Then I just noticed today.

I just wanted to ask fellow forum members if this is going to affect the sound fidelity / audio quality of the speaker because of this dent? My parents even offered to trade CMT340SEs with me since they knew how let down I was about this, but aren't the fronts tested to be within a certain decibel level of each other for a seamless sound (along with the CMT 340SE Center)? But then I have my parents setup perfectly calibrated and I don't want to have to re-calibrate their system and it not living up to what they have experienced for the past year or so.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Speaker Dent - Sound Quality Query.

Unless there is damage to the components, it should not affect sound quality.

Also, it should be fine to swap with your parents. Quality control is pretty tight with all Ascends. You shouldn't even need to re-calibrate.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Unless there is damage to the components, it should not affect sound quality.

Also, it should be fine to swap with your parents. Quality control is pretty tight with all Ascends. You shouldn't even need to re-calibrate.
    @Curtis

Thanks for the info & reassurance. I'm still confused on how this happened, but wanted to seek reassurance that I wouldn't be missing out on that unmistakable & truly awesome Ascend Acoustic sound quality.

Yeah...that would be pretty easy to notice when unpacking.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by MALC_345 View Post
    Unfortunately, today as I was setting up my CMT 340SEs, I noticed this dent shown in the pics below:

I'm not particularly sure how this happened, since after I unpacked all the speakers, I noticed no issues and put it on our formal dining room table to wait till our contractor had our HT room finished up. Then I just noticed today.

I just wanted to ask fellow forum members if this is going to affect the sound fidelity / audio quality of the speaker because of this dent? My parents even offered to trade CMT340SEs with me since they knew how let down I was about this, but aren't the fronts tested to be within a certain decibel level of each other for a seamless sound (along with the CMT 340SE Center)? But then I have my parents setup perfectly calibrated and I don't want to have to re-calibrate their system and it not living up to what they have experienced for the past year or so.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    That is serious damage to the cabinet but as long as air is not leaking, it should not have any affect on performance. You might also consider sending the speaker back to us for a cabinet swap but that might not be worth it to you. Give us a call if you would like to discuss details.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    That is serious damage to the cabinet but as long as air is not leaking, it should not have any affect on performance. You might also consider sending the speaker back to us for a cabinet swap but that might not be worth it to you. Give us a call if you would like to discuss details.
    Hi Dave -

I appreciate your response. If you could please PM me with the price for sending the speaker back for a cabinet swap, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!