Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delivery!

Default Delivery!

Only 6 business days to fulfill order (2 Towers and STC Horizon in Matte) and ship from Cali to Ohio. Impressive! Holy S**t they are heavy and solid. After unpacking and taking them down to the basement I only had time and energy for a brief inaugural listen. I slipped in a few old faves: Making Movies, Aja, and Joe's Garage. Sweetness abounded. Will experiment and listen more in next few days. Still putting the home theater together. Will upload some pics soon.

Default Re: Delivery!

My 8 year-old as size reference, and the setup pre-screen and finishing trim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats! Enjoy them. (Your son included!)

Hey didn't you notice the "this side up" arrows??? I think your warranty is now void.

(j/k.. congrats - that is MOST impressive!)

Wow! The first pic, now that is a magnificent tower of power!

Looks like your son is pretty excited, too. Maybe it's the "Made in USA" stickers?

Thanks for sharing. Now, get back to listening...stat!
    -Jacob

Congrats! Now, get busy on the room!

I wonder if he's thinkin......did this come out of my college fund?

You guys are a hoot. So tonight I compared them A/B with my previous speakers which were old Aperion bookshelves from 2003. Obviously, the Towers are fuller and deeper and have much more presence in midrange. However, I think the soundstage was more constricted and somehow (I say this because the nrt tweeter must outclass the aperion) the highs were tighter and heavier sounding--they didn't float on top of the music the way I'm used to hearing. Anyone have any comments on this? Do I need to break them in? I may repost this in its own thread.

I'm surprised to hear (see?) you say the sound stage is "constricted". I don't have my towers yet, but this sounds contrary to what others are saying. As for the tweeter sound not "floating" above the mids, perhaps that is the result of a better integrated speaker.(?)

Were the Aperions used in the same space?

Keep in mind that because the Aperions don't have the mids and bass then Towers do, the highs may seem more prominent.

Can you move the Towers a bit forward? The look to be behind the 2x4's.
    -curtis