Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tower Set Up Findings, and Questions

Default Re: Tower Set Up Findings, and Questions

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    What is the difference you are hearing between the two?
    As my Towers break in. Characteristics are evolving. The B Plugs are out now. Zat make sense?

Using 40 Hz for a listening session today.

Fun Hobby, Eh?

B.

Yep, break-in is real sometimes. One of the positive side effects of always messing with my room correction is that it aids in driver break-in. Things relax, suspensions become more compliant, yep. The quest for quality sound is ever evolving. I'm still exploring the differences in gain matching, signal strength vs. gain, all those nerdy things. My Elite receiver really allows so much to do within.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    As my Towers break in. Characteristics are evolving. The B Plugs are out now. Zat make sense?

Using 40 Hz for a listening session today.

Fun Hobby, Eh?

B.
    Your experience sounds similar to my own with a Sierra-1 pair break-in. I used the B Plugs for the first 28 days that I owned the speakers. I was hearing a hard glare in the upper mid range, lower highs which the B Plugs removed. I didn't think that needing the B Plug was acceptable so I was planning to return the speakers under the 30-day trial. Fortunately, and wonderfully, the sound glare just melted away and has not returned!

I suspect the glare came from components in the cross-over. I have ordered a pair of the Towers (in dark cherry) in the "full purchase price trade-up credit" program. I really like these Sierra-1's now and am as leary about giving them up as I was initially at buying them sound unheard. So I'm going to get the Towers before giving back the Sierra-1's. The Towers will have to prove their worth against tough competition! (Dina did say that nobody has returned any Towers...)

It is a fun hobby.