Hello everyone:

Please give me direction on which electronics you have found successfuly with the Ascend ribon towers. I have ordered a 5.1 system. I am currently considering from Outlaw audio a Marantz av7005 av processor and Model 7500 5 chanel balanced ampllifier. Is this overkill? I am also considerating the outlaw OAWA3 amplified wirless audio system for the rears. Does any one have experience with wirless audio systems instead of cables?
See attachement below from Outlaw Audio web site.

I like to Thank you ahead for any help you may give. (Did I say that right?)

Outlaw Audio OAWA3 Amplified Wireless Audio System

Designed by and engineered for the Outlaws, the OAWA3 Amplified Wireless Audio System includes a pair of compact wireless adapter units. The OAW3 transmitter included with the OAWA3 powered receiver is smaller than a deck of cards, and the OAWA3 Amplified Wireless Audio Receiver is smaller than your typical router!

Installation is simple, as you plug a cable from the transmitter into your receiver's pre-amp output jacks and the output of the OAWA3 receiver to your speakers. Of course, a pair of AC adaptors are included, and once connected you’re good to go. No more worries about lengthy speaker wires to get the signal from here to there-and we even include an IR remote control for quick and easy level adjustments!

The true value of the OAWA3 Wireless Audio System, however, is in its performance. Absolutely nothing is compromised in the transmission, and the units are tested against interference from 802.11 wireless systems, cordless 2.4GHZ and DECT phones, cell phones, Bluetooth links and even microwave ovens. The range is up to 100 meters with line-of-sight, giving all the flexibility you need for your speaker placement. Even better, the OAW3 is a two-channel system with over a 50 meter range through walls. That means you can use it to send extremely low latency, full fidelity, 20Hz to 20kHz, audio to a second zone without wires, using traditional 8 ohm speakers!

For the ultimate in flexibility, you can even stream audio from a computer to your home entertainment system.Simply connect a USB connection from a computer or server to the OWA3 on the transmit side, and apair of speakers elsewhere in the house to our OAWA3 Amplified Wireless Audio Receiver.

The OAW3 Wireless Audio System's features include:

• Lossless, uncompressed CD quality sound
• Robust and dedicated 2.4 GHz audio network to reduce interference with cordless phones, microwaves, etc.
• Plug and play Setup, Music in Seconds!
• Mac & PC Compatible
• Multi-zone functionality
• IR Remote Control
• Long distance operating range

OAWA3 Owner's Manual

Great for use with:
•
Passive Surround Speakers

•
Passive Stereo & Multi Zone Speakers

•
Streaming Computer Audio

Order an OAWA3 Amplified Wireless Audio System

Reg. Price $319

Order an OAWA3-Rx (Amplified Wireless Audio Extra Receiver Kit)

Just $199!

Specifications

RF band: 2.4 Ghz

SNR: 93dB

USB 2.0 Interface

8 ohms compatible

Wireless Range Up To: 50M, 100M (w/Line of Sight)

Time delay max: 10ms

Wattage: 2x30 WPC, 1kHz, 8ohms (one channel driven)

2x20 WPC, both channels driven

Transmitter Dimensions (H/W/D): 3.26" x 1.45" x0.62"

Receiver Dimensions (H/W/D): 3.26" x 1.45" x0.62"

Weight (approx.): less than 1lb.

Warranty: 2 years (parts/labor)

Copyright © 2012, Outlaw Audio, LLC. All Rights Reserved