Hi Guys,

I have been using dBpoweramp and ripping to FLAC onto a Synology NAS. This combo has so far proven to work exceptionally well as Synology offers their own iOS apps so playing back FLACs on the iPhone is not a problem, note that they are transcoded so sound quality is not ideal but certainly good enough for mobile devices.

Using the dBpoweramp batch converter, I also convert all the FLACs into high bitrate MP3's so the family can easily upload the files onto any of our various mobile devices and are also available through the Synology DLNA media server.

It seems wasteful to store (2) copies of each audio track, an FLAC and an MP3 but after much trial and error, this has proven to be the best solution so that I can have my high quality audio available while also making it simple for my wife and kids to listen to what they want and also upload to their devices without bugging me and without using the more complicated Synology apps

If anyone is considering a NAS, look no further than Synology, well worth it and by far the best NAS I have owned thus far.