Thread: Omnimount 20 with 170SE in horizontal position?

Default Omnimount 20 with 170SE in horizontal position?

I may have to move my 170SE surrounds to a new location behind the couch, which would require them to be mounted high on the wall. I haven't used a wall mount before, so I have a couple of questions.

When using the Omnimount 20's, can I rotate the 170SE into a horizontal position? In this orientation, how far would I be able to angle the speaker down towards the listening position? It looks like the mount itself is spec'd for +/- 30 degrees of tilt. Can I expect at least this much tilt?

Default Re: Omnimount 20 with 170SE in horizontal position?

Quote Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds View Post
    I may have to move my 170SE surrounds to a new location behind the couch, which would require them to be mounted high on the wall. I haven't used a wall mount before, so I have a couple of questions.

When using the Omnimount 20's, can I rotate the 170SE into a horizontal position? In this orientation, how far would I be able to angle the speaker down towards the listening position? It looks like the mount itself is spec'd for +/- 30 degrees of tilt. Can I expect at least this much tilt?
    Hi LS1,

Our sincere apologies for missing your post

Yes, as long as you fully tighten down the ball joint. In addition, you should be able to angle the speaker downward by as much as 30 degrees without issue.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Omnimount 20 with 170SE in horizontal position?

No problem Dave, thank you for the response!