Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Just placed my order!!!

i think eddie took my advice and stocked up on too much junk food from wal-mart. he's probably glued to the couch.

hey eddie, how's the system???

Watch your back Rick! My ATI's were a PITA to put into place!

Eddie....come out!

-curtis

I'm out, I'm out!!! Geesh, try to watch a movie while listening to your new and fabulous speakers and people start buggin ya. [] I'm loving life right now. We've been watching movie after movie, even one's we've seen several times. Saving Private Ryan takes on a whole new mood with accurate sound reproduction. I've watched the Darla! scene from Nemo so many times in the last few days that I'm surprised the neighbors haven't called the cops. hehe I just can't say enough that I never knew what was missing until these babies showed up. They're not just great for the money.......they're great period.

Also, Curtis. When I pull up the web site here, I can't log in. I can only put in my name and password when I post. Also, a while back you said I could edit my posts by clicking the paper and pencil icon, but for the life of me, I don't see one. What am I doing wrong?

Eddie....scroll the window to the left...you should see the login button. Once logged in, you should see the paper/pencil icon about your post.

-curtis

That did it. Thanks, Curtis.

Eddie, I had the same problem trying to log in and finally emailed Curtis. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one with that issue![:I]

Update: Just got finished with some more tweaking with Avia. There is one test that generates pink noise alternating between the mains and center channel. I noticed that the tonal quality was different when I was sitting in the listening position, but became the same between all front speakers when I stood up. Made some adjustments to my DIY center channel perch which angled the center down more toward my head rather than at the rear wall approx. 1 foot above my head. It made a huge difference. Popped in a movie and I could tell the difference in the sound of dialog. Much better now. Just thought I'd pass this along. Right now, I can't change room acoustics until we move and get a dedicated room. So, for anyone out there, if room modification can't be done, speaker placement is key.

perfect, eddie. you did what everyone would have suggested.

another happy ascend customer. we're all glad to have you on board. come back and share your thoughts in the speaker and/ or movie/music sections.

You got it. Thanks.