Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just placed my order!!!

Quinn...not sure what you mean. That link works OK.

I know for some things, our forum software uses a different syntax than some of the others.

-curtis

The link is to the thread but not direct to the particular post. Is there anyway to link to a specific post not just the thread that contains the post?

Oh...I get it. Nope, there isn't.

-curtis

Southern howdy back from Birmingham, Alabama. Thanks for the info, Aaron. From listening to several different brands of non-online speakers, I knew the sound that I wanted. After reading all the forums and reviews, Ascend seemed to be one. I really can't wait till Monday! A friend of mine spent BIG bucks on a Paradigm setup a couple of years ago, and I can't wait to have him over to check these out. He's looking forward to hearing them about as much as I am. The wife surprised me in picking the Ascends (just judging by looks) over the other brands I was looking at, concurring with me that when we move next spring our new house will have a dedicated theater room where the speakers will be all about the sound and not an extension of the furniture. And, yes, I do get to go with her to Hawaii!! 8 days and 7 nights......think I could take the Ascends/HSU as my carry on?

thanks quinn, i forgot about that post. it backs up my findings then.
    eddie,
    so you got the ascends and the trip to hawaii??? hehe

i'm definitely jealous. i'd like to go to hawaii. let me know how you guys like it!

black is an excellent and proven finish on a speaker. it adds to the transparency of sound.

Eddie, another "Hey Ya'll" from just down I-65 in Prattville, AL. Glad to have you onboard. If you've been hearing a lot of thunder lately from out of the north-east, it just might be Aaron showing off his VTF-3 MK2! [] Seriously, you're gonna love your new set-up!

Thanks, Ben. Drove right through Prattville a couple of weeks ago on our way to Panama City. My better half's father and two sisters live there, so we've got a place or three to stay whenever we get away for the weekend. If Aaron and me both cranked those MkII's up at the same time, we might get the Russians thinking we're testing nukes underground again. Good to hear from all the down south folks here. I'll post back in a few days when they arrive. Later.

[8D][]
    rock on!

hehe - well, TVA has not called yet so all of their nuclear plants must be OK. i live in a townhouse that is connected on one side so i try to stay a little considerate. at least, i know the hours the gentleman works so i usually plan my movies accordingly. i guess i'm a fairly nice neighbor. it's amazing how much headroom that vtf-3 mk2 has left even at such powering volumes. it integrates extremely well w/ the ascends. thumbs up to ascend and hsu on a task well done.

maybe there is an Ascend southern connection....

-curtis

While I'm very pleased with my VTF-2, I can't help but wonder how a VTF-3 mkII would sound. I bought my system just before the 3 came out.