Thread: New to Ascend

Default New to Ascend

Very excited to have a pair of Sierra-1's on the way. I've had an extremely difficult time on narrowing options, but Ascend's leadership interaction with it's customers in these forums and elsewhere made Ascend an obvious candidate. I received some NHT Threes over the weekend which I will also be comparing. So far the 3's have been a remarkable improvement over my old Paradigm Titans. I am hoping for similar good things from the Sierra's. Will share opinions next week. Here's looking to good sound.

Doug

Default Re: New to Ascend

Welcome aboard. I am sure you will love the Sierra's and probably won't want to part with them
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Hi Doug!

As a fellow Sierra-1 owner, I believe you will pleasantly surprised with its capabilities. I remember my own journey of research and testing to find the right speaker. With Ascend, I discovered much more than just quality sound.

You're doing the right thing by auditioning in your home. Remember to enjoy the process.
    -Jacob

Default Welcome!

Welcome to Ascend owners club! Glad you were sufficiently impressed to pull the trigger.

Please give us your impressions after you audition the Sierras.
    Last edited by DougMac; 04-30-2012 at 12:02 PM.

The sierra's are here to stay. It was actually closer than I expected, but not because they are similar. Actually they are remarkably different but I found things that I liked with both. The Classic Three's were definitlly more forward and had an over emphasized vocal presense. I found that I preferred that with certain material. Several times my speaker preference flipped back and forth based on the source material. The acoustic suspension provided tight mid bass, but not much extension. Really not bad, and had I not been A/B comparing with Sierra's they are worthy of consideration. The Sierra was much more neutral, had better bass extension, and cast a much broader soundstage which I found more enjoyable. As much as I fiddled with placement, I couldn't get the NHT to sound as full or expansive. So, I am happy to keep the Sierra's and join the Ascend club. Thanks to these forums for helping me decide to give 'em a go.

doug