Thread: The Avengers - May 4, 2012

Default The Avengers - May 4, 2012

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

IMDB info here.

Finally! I've been anticipating this film for a long time. Planning to visit the theater at least once and buy this one on Blu-Ray later.

Fun fact: it's brought in $178.4 million internationally since it was released on April 25, and that is excluding the mega-markets of Russia, China, and USA.

Source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3431&p=.htm
    -Jacob

Default Re: The Avengers - May 4, 2012

Just watched the blu-ray over the weekend. The sound mix was very, very good. Just enough rumble in the right places as well.

As my wife and I agreed on after seeing it in the theater, it still holds true now: it's all just a setup until Hulk, because come on... it's Hulk.

My innner geek just really... really wanted to see him get bigger. Like say on that rooftop in the final fight where the invading army is unloading about 30 energy weapons into him.

The Blu-ray was great! I watched it three times last week, what a fantastic film. The DTS-HD:MA mix was superb and gave my ears a good workout in my small room. I was hitting peaks of 97 dB at times. Spine-tingling.

Oh, it seems the original source article in my first post was updated since I linked to it back in April. In any case, I looked up Box Office Mojo last week to check out the total income. At the time of this posting, The Avengers has grossed over 1.5 billion worldwide, and currently ranks #3 worldwide and domestic (not adjusted for inflation).

Looking forward to the follow-up films, too, including Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, and The Avengers 2. Bring it!
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    The Blu-ray was great! I watched it three times last week, what a fantastic film. The DTS-HD:MA mix was superb and gave my ears a good workout in my small room. I was hitting peaks of 97 dB at times. Spine-tingling.

Oh, it seems the original source article in my first post was updated since I linked to it back in April. In any case, I looked up Box Office Mojo last week to check out the total income. At the time of this posting, The Avengers has grossed over 1.5 billion worldwide, and currently ranks #3 worldwide and domestic (not adjusted for inflation).

Looking forward to the follow-up films, too, including Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, and The Avengers 2. Bring it!
    Glad to hear as I just got it in the mail on Tuesday. I'm hoping to watch it on Saturday.

As a side note, IMO, Thor and Captain America were duds. I tried to watch Thor again the other day and just couldn't sit through it. The acting was terrible and the story was, well, boring. CA, was shooting for a period piece and I just thought it missed. It was like you could see the edges of the set and the whole thing just felt small.

Thor, though, was pleasing visually and audibly.

My unsolicited 2 cents.