Page 90 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8586878889909192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

So, who else has some of these babies on order?

Dave, will we have some new pics soon?
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I have two Sierra-2 upgrade kits on order.

I originally had the Sierra-1 then upgraded to the NRT. I would say a significant upgrade in terms of SQ. And I'm hoping the same is true of the upgrade to the Sierra-2.

My 3 Sierra's are still original. I held off on the NRT upgrade because I was going to buy someone's used kits when the Sierra 2 came out. Now I have my preorder in on the Sierra 2. I really started itching for an upgrade when I compared ML folded ribbon tweeter in my room. It might've been fatiguing but cymbals sounded more realistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    My 3 Sierra's are still original. I held off on the NRT upgrade because I was going to buy someone's used kits when the Sierra 2 came out. Now I have my preorder in on the Sierra 2. I really started itching for an upgrade when I compared ML folded ribbon tweeter in my room. It might've been fatiguing but cymbals sounded more realistic to me.
    Cool! I love my NrT's and can only imagine how the -2's improve on them!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    So, who else has some of these babies on order?
    Ordered a pair of Satin Espresso yesterday. Can't wait for my first upgrade since the mid-1980's.

Quote Originally Posted by stickx View Post
    Ordered a pair of Satin Espresso yesterday. Can't wait for my first upgrade since the mid-1980's.
    What are upgrading from? Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get them.
    Nate

I see it doesn't take much to twist your arm.

I'll be upgrading from the original tweeters, too. My plan was to go NrT last summer, but I decided to wait after Dave confirmed in April that he was working on a Sierra-1 upgrade. Looking forward to feedback from NrT owners, too.

You mentioned some ML speakers with the Folded Motion tweeters. Which model? I have a pair of Motion 4 and I agree with the fatiguing comment. I think ML over-compensated to showcase the high-frequency performance. IMO, it's not really needed.
    -Jacob

I'm currently on the fence - which means the limited initial upgrade quantity will probably be long sold out by the time I decide I want them.

If it were only the 2 speakers (L and R), I'd probably do it, but I have Sierra NrTs as L,C, R, and the > grand required to upgrade all 3 (after shipping and such) is looking to be a bit of a stickler. I know that if I only upgrade L and R, I'd be remiss...

First world problems.

Edit: I think I might be resigned to wait for comparisons between NrT and Sierra 2
    Last edited by cynan; 11-27-2013 at 02:11 PM.

What are upgrading from? Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get them.
    I have an old pair of KEF C40's. They were nice in their time, but I have heard better in my recent search for upgrades. The kids are almost out of college, so now it is my turn to treat myself for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    You mentioned some ML speakers with the Folded Motion tweeters. Which model? I have a pair of Motion 4 and I agree with the fatiguing comment. I think ML over-compensated to showcase the high-frequency performance. IMO, it's not really needed.
    They were Motion 10's. I picked them out and ordered them for a friend. Newegg had them on sale for $129 each. Good speaker for the money IMO.
    Nate