Page 88 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8384858687888990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    What's the deal with the new sub? Thought you had a Funk Audio sub?
    Sold it...as I basically wanted my sub to closely resemble my espresso mains...the PSA comes very close and I don't have to pay for premium custom work....if going with FA or Rythmik.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Sold it...as I basically wanted my sub to closely resemble my espresso mains...the PSA comes very close and I don't have to pay for premium custom work....if going with FA or Rythmik.
    If you can update us on how you like the PSA over the funk... Looking at a new sub myself. Those Funk sub sure are nice and $$$$

Any word on when we will see, pics, specs and that pre-order link?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your continued patience. I have some good news and some not so good news. First for the not so good, due to a delay at one of our component manufacturers, the quantity of parts we will soon be receiving will be 1/2 of what we originally planned for. This means we have no choice but to limit the pre-order quantities of upgrade kits to a total of 50 kits. These will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

I sincerely apologize for this - the reason is only due to a shortage of labor at one of the manufacturers. This is probably the worst time of the year for a new product release

The good news is that we are on track to start production and shipping of Sierra-2 and Sierra-2 upgrade kits starting the week of Dec 9th!

If we run out of parts, please don't worry as the next shipment of parts will be here by Christmas so if you don't get in on the first production run, you will certainly make the second

Please start getting your orders in now using the below links:

Sierra-2 pair

Sierra-2 center

Sierra-2 upgrade kit

Note: A temporary authorization for the amount due will be placed on your purchase card. You will NOT be charged until we ship.

A full suite of measurements and pictures will be coming soon...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoJoa View Post
    Dave, any measurements?
    Hi Ricardo,

Somewhere in this thread I posted an on-axis frequency response and impedance curve. That said, yes -- absolutely, we will soon be posting a full suite of measurements. The way we handle this is to first establish the "average" for each component (tweeter, crossover and woofer) as there are always slight differences even though we specify a 1% tolerance. We will typically test 20 of each component, then set aside the components that measure closest to the average of all 20 tested components. We then use these components to build our reference sample and this is the speaker we use to take our typical suite of measurements.

We are just waiting to receive the last shipment of components, which should be here soon
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Got an order in for three kits! Even more excited now! If that's possible
    Nate

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Can anyone guess what these are????

First measurement is 1/3 octave freq response, accurate down to about 200Hz.

Second measurement is unsmoothed.....
    From post #488
    Last edited by natetg57; 11-26-2013 at 04:29 AM.
    Nate

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

Having trouble deciding on a finish. I want black bamboo but don't want to wait til January. Decisions decisions

Greetings

I have the 340SE for my my l/c/r and I am considering upgrading to the Sierra 2s.

Would the 340SE center be a good match for the Sierra 2 l/r, or would it be better to replace it with a Sierra 2 center?

Thanks

Definitely better to have a matching Sierra 2 center. When voices, instruments pan across the front soundstage,the results will then be seamless. Besides, the Sierra 2's midrange and treble clarity should make dialog clearer.