Page 147 of 150 FirstFirst ... 142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

Quote Originally Posted by parimento1 View Post
    Is it possible to get the Sierra 2 with the dome tweeter from the Towers? Also is it possible to get inserts to screw the speakers to the Sanus stands?
    The Sierra-1 is the same cabinet as the 2 and with the NrT upgrade it's the same dome tweeter in the Towers, so all that is different at that point is the woofer, which has to be different from the one in the Sierra 2, because that one was designed to play much higher in order to crossover high enough for the RAAL tweeter. Go with the Sierra-1 with NrT.

I'm not aware of any kind of screwing-in sanus stands. You generally just want to use something like Blu-Tak or just silicone bumpers/feet for setting them on the stand. I've never seen it be necessary to screw a speaker into a stand, nor would I recommend it. Using something squishy (Blu-Tak, silicone, etc) gives isolation to any rattling that might happen.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by parimento1 View Post
    Is it possible to get the Sierra 2 with the dome tweeter from the Towers? Also is it possible to get inserts to screw the speakers to the Sanus stands?
    Yes, by request - we have built this for a few different customers over the past few years. As can be imagined, performance is excellent. However, there is no cost savings associated with this speaker - retail pricing would be the exact same as non-sale retail pricing for the standard Sierra-2.

Please feel free to send us an email if you are considering this design.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrowing View Post
    Is there a document or page somewhere that lists all of the finish options for the Sierra 2s, their cost, and which ones are made in the US?
    Standard cabinet Sierra-2 finishes:

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...2/srm2gal.html

Domestic cabinet Sierra-2 finishes are the same as is available for our Sierra Towers:

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...RT/srtgal.html
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yes, by request - we have built this for a few different customers over the past few years. As can be imagined, performance is excellent. However, there is no cost savings associated with this speaker - retail pricing would be the exact same as non-sale retail pricing for the standard Sierra-2.

Please feel free to send us an email if you are considering this design.
    What is the difference in tweeters? And what is the effect of adding the tower tweeters to the Sierra 2?

Wait, I don't understand. What would be the point of getting a Sierra-2 with the NrT tweeter? Wouldn't that just be the same as the upgraded Sierra-1, but with the "wrong" woofer? I feel like I'm missing something here.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    What is the difference in tweeters? And what is the effect of adding the tower tweeters to the Sierra 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Wait, I don't understand. What would be the point of getting a Sierra-2 with the NrT tweeter? Wouldn't that just be the same as the upgraded Sierra-1, but with the "wrong" woofer? I feel like I'm missing something here.
    Better midrange and transition response than the Sierra-1 NrT, but doesn't play as deep.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    We have made this speaker for a few customers of ours as some prefer the sound of a high quality dome tweeter over a ribbon, but they also wanted more detailed mids and a faster transient response than what the Sierra-1 NrT woofer is capable of.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

We have made this speaker for a few customers of ours as some prefer the sound of a high quality dome tweeter over a ribbon, but they also wanted more detailed mids and a faster transient response than what the Sierra-1 NrT woofer is capable of.
    Dave, just out of curiosity, have you ever built a Sierra tower or Horizon with the Curv woofers from the Sierra-2? Just wondering how something like that might turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Dave, just out of curiosity, have you ever built a Sierra tower or Horizon with the Curv woofers from the Sierra-2? Just wondering how something like that might turn out.
    There is really no point as the dedicated mid in the tower is a better overall midrange driver and the bass woofers in the tower extend quite a bit deeper. The Sierra-2 woofer is about as good as it gets for a driver that needs to reproduce both mids and lows.

That said, I have been working with SEAS on a dedicated 6" Curv midrange, but, so far, the performance is only marginally better than the current midrange driver we use in the tower. The cost, however, is over 4x higher, which would force us to raise the price of the towers by quite a bit and the price increase isn't justified IMO.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Fascinating. Can you use the stock Sierra-2 crossover for this, or does this arrangement require a new one, something in between the S1 NrT and the S2?
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.