Page 137 of 150 FirstFirst ... 132133134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Audiolover458 View Post
    So here is another question. Given the choice of one which one would you choose
    1) Two Towers with RAAL and no Horizon

Or

2) Two Sierra 2's with RAAL and a Horizon Center with RAAL.

Or

3) 3 Horizons with RAAL as L/C/R.
    If your budget and space allow for options 1 and 3, why not just get Towers and Horizon, all with RAAL upgrades?..

I just realized it that the 3 Horizons or the Two tower and the Horizon Cost the same.
    I have the Two towers with RAAL on order. So the question should have been a PAIR of Sierra2s with RAAL and a Horizon with RAAL or Two Towers with RAAL. Thanks.
    So you can figure out the Question is the Budget and not the space.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    It is a single unit with the tweeter rotated 90 degrees and comes with a full length grille so it can be laid horizontally. You can order as a single standard Sierra-2 as well.
    Awesome. Thanks, Curtis. Are there any reviews on this center? I can't find the specs whatsoever. I'm assuming it doesn't have RAAL does it? Any information appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
    Awesome. Thanks, Curtis. Are there any reviews on this center? I can't find the specs whatsoever. I'm assuming it doesn't have RAAL does it? Any information appreciated!
    Same speaker with the tweeter rotated, so it has the same RAAL tweeter.
    No specific info on it as a center...but it is essentially the same as the standard Sierra-2.
    -curtis

I just realized it that the 3 Horizons or the Two tower and the Horizon Cost the same.
    I have the Two towers with RAAL on order. So the question should have been a PAIR of Sierra2s with RAAL and a Horizon with RAAL or Two Towers with RAAL. Thanks.
    So you can figure out the Question is the Budget and not the space.
    Is this to satisfy your urge "right now" or can you get the Towers and get the Horizon later?
    -curtis

Definitely to satisfy my urge now :-). I sure can get the Horizon Later because I cant afford it right now along with the Towers with RAAL.

Definitely to satisfy my urge now :-). I sure can get the Horizon Later because I cant afford it right now along with the Towers with RAAL.
    The Tower is a better speaker. Get it and save for the Horizon. That is the setup you want, right?
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The Tower is a better speaker. Get it and save for the Horizon. That is the setup you want, right?
    That is correct. Anyone Compare these to the Bryston Mid-T? The Brystons are like 3600 too so out of my reach. I want the best I can afford but some folks had been saying maybe the Horizon RAAL across the Front may be even better. It seems people go more Ga-Ga over the Horizon with RAAL than the Towers that is why I asked the question.

That is correct. Anyone Compare these to the Bryston Mid-T? The Brystons are like 3600 too so out of my reach. I want the best I can afford but some folks had been saying maybe the Horizon RAAL across the Front may be even better. It seems people go more Ga-Ga over the Horizon with RAAL than the Towers that is why I asked the question.
    Component wise, the Bryston is not even in the same class as a CMT-340SE IMO.

Not sure where you are reading that the Horizon is better than a Tower....
    -curtis

A Sierra 2 center would be a very nice solution for me (with Sierra 2 F & R). But, since the two drivers do not share a vertical axis, I'm concerned about the comb effects in the crossover region when moving to the left and right of center. I would LOVE to see the horizontal response curves for the Sierra 2 center configuration!