Page 118 of 150 FirstFirst ... 113114115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    OK, so everyone who is checking their tracking number, STOP!! At 5:30PM P.S.T. you may resume clicking on that number!!
    I just refreshed my UPS tracking number. It hasn't changed! What's going on????????

-Jacob

There's been talk about delivering mail to your house is going to be phased out over the next few years just like the milk man. With all the costs going up its a way for them to cut a major expense that it cost to deliver it to door to door if they get you to pick it up at the warehouse, the other reason was that most people are at work during the day so most have to pick it up. Apparently it's already happening with carriers not being replaced when they lose them to career change or retirement, advancement ect and its overloading the current drivers.

I woulda thought with the rise in online shopping that the demand for delivery people would increase not decrease.

I just got my upgrades and am about to get started. Can't wait and yet sort of sad to see my 1s growing up.

Well, after about 9 or 10 days of travel my Sierra-2's have arrived today and appear to be in good condition. They are a mighty fine looking set of speakers. Initial sound test was pretty nice but that goes without saying. I talked my brother into getting a 5.1 system from ascend and his arrived with shipping damage so I think I got lucky.

I did know how big these were, that's why I didn't initially get the Sierra-1's, and I've seen the sierra-1/2 upgrade thread but is turning the tweeter 90 degrees as easy of unscrewing, slight turn and re-screw? Just to make one fit in my room I may have to lie it on it's side.

I also have the Seirra Towers and Horizon all with RAAL and the S-2's do in fact blend. Not that there was an issue with my HTM200's but it's just that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
    I just got my upgrades and am about to get started. Can't wait and yet sort of sad to see my 1s growing up.
    Good luck with the upgrade process! Let us know your first impressions.

I understand what you mean about letting go of the Sierra-1 parts. I'm going to have a tough time parting with them...
    -Jacob

I hate to say it because I really don't like nickpicking about anything, and I have heard several times that the finishes vary, but my S-2's aren't even remotely the same color as my towers. In fact, they are so dark you can't really see any wood grain at all. You'd never know if the horizon was a different shade (I don't beleive mine is) but that was part of the point in going for the matching S-2 (instead of the much easier to hide 200's).

Maybe you need the American cabinet finishes? I have black matte Sierra Towers with RAAL, and it looks like I need to wait for the availability of the American made cabinet finishes in January to have the Sierra-2s match them.

Quote Originally Posted by tme110 View Post
    I hate to say it because I really don't like nickpicking about anything, and I have heard several times that the finishes vary, but my S-2's aren't even remotely the same color as my towers. In fact, they are so dark you can't really see any wood grain at all. You'd never know if the horizon was a different shade (I don't beleive mine is) but that was part of the point in going for the matching S-2 (instead of the much easier to hide 200's).
    I sincerely apologize if we were not clear enough in this thread. I did make several posts stating that only the locally built Sierra-1/Sierra-2 cabinets will match the Tower cabinets. These won't be available until the end of January / early February. The current bookshelf Satin Espresso / Satin Dark Cherry cabinets are from our overseas cabinet maker and it is impossible from one vendor to another to match real hard wood finishes, especially considering the dyes we use are custom mixed.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by tme110 View Post
    What colour you get? Can you upload pics?

How do the S2 stack up against the towers?
    Last edited by JustABrah; 12-30-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    Good luck with the upgrade process! Let us know your first impressions.

I understand what you mean about letting go of the Sierra-1 parts. I'm going to have a tough time parting with them...
    Well so much for luck - taking my last screw out on the woofer, first turn and crack. My Philips screw just lost a chunk of the head. Waiting for instructions from HQ after sending Dina a photo. Resisting urge to drill it out, but I suspect that is the only solution. 3 upgrades on the workbench seeking good home

Maybe I kept eyeing Horizons for a reason.