Page 117 of 150 FirstFirst ... 112113114115116117118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Arrived

I would say that yes the sierra one is smooth, detailed, airy and accurate. For some reason when i am listening to a rock songs from like acdc or metallica the high end starts to blend more together as the volume is turned up. However with the raal tweeter that is not the case. A while back i had called Dave and asked him if the nrt upgrade would be better for me being as i feel the sierra 1 tweeter sounded compressed at high volume and he suggested that the nrt would not be better suited for rock as the sierra 1 would be. I did hear some rock on the sierra 2s. They play amazing, that raal is something truly special. I am also very impressed with the bass on the sierra 2s, they can dig for bookshelves. Props to Dave and the ascend staff on a truly remarkable speaker which took just under 2 years to make. Either way you look at it if you have the sierra 1s or the sierra 2s you have something very special, something most people just dont understand.

Quote Originally Posted by tdercole View Post
    I would say that yes the sierra one is smooth, detailed, airy and accurate. For some reason when i am listening to a rock songs from like acdc or metallica the high end starts to blend more together as the volume is turned up. However with the raal tweeter that is not the case. A while back i had called Dave and asked him if the nrt upgrade would be better for me being as i feel the sierra 1 tweeter sounded compressed at high volume and he suggested that the nrt would not be better suited for rock as the sierra 1 would be. I did hear some rock on the sierra 2s. They play amazing, that raal is something truly special. I am also very impressed with the bass on the sierra 2s, they can dig for bookshelves. Props to Dave and the ascend staff on a truly remarkable speaker which took just under 2 years to make. Either way you look at it if you have the sierra 1s or the sierra 2s you have something very special, something most people just dont understand.
    Thank you for posting your thoughts on this exciting upgrade, may I ask
    what Receiver/ or Pre- & Amp you are using to feed the Ascends?
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >

I am using a pioneer elite vsx-21. 2ch stereo direct.

Hey Everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

We are back at the office today, working hard (as usual)

UPS, in there infinite wisdom, decided that there would be no pickups on Tuesday, Dec 24th -- only deliveries. Perhaps, in part, due to the huge backlog they created for themselves: http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/25/us/ups-delays/

Every upgrade kit that did not ship last Tuesday will ship today. I sincerely apologize for this, we did our very best.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave, all you can do is your best. The rest is out of your control.

I hope all the packages going out today arrive to their destinations swiftly and safely!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Dave, all you can do is your best. The rest is out of your control.

I hope all the packages going out today arrive to their destinations swiftly and safely!
    Thanks...

I don't know though, Dina has been on the phone for past 3 1/2 hours with customer after customer regarding UPS shipments. To make matters worse, we were promised credit by our UPS rep for several large shipments that we sent out to replace shipments that were stuck at various UPS depots in the hopes that these replacement shipments would arrive in time for Christmas.

Our UPS rep just quit!!!

This is a PR nightmare for UPS and is hurting every business that relies on them.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Thanks...

I don't know though, Dina has been on the phone for past 3 1/2 hours with customer after customer regarding UPS shipments. To make matters worse, we were promised credit by our UPS rep for several large shipments that we sent out to replace shipments that were stuck at various UPS depots in the hopes that these replacement shipments would arrive in time for Christmas.

Our UPS rep just quit!!!

This is a PR nightmare for UPS and is hurting every business that relies on them.
    Wow...sorry to hear that, Dave. I guess you will have to wait to see what Brown can do for you!(And your customers). I'm sure that anyone in their right mind would not hold Ascend at fault. What time is UPS supposed to pick up all the packages going out for shipment?
    Ed

* (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6

What a nightmare. I really do feel sympathy for everyone having to bear the brunt of a poor decision. I actually talked with my UPS driver for about 10 minutes on Thursday evening (he did most of the talking). His frustration was very apparent and he looked so tired.

I completely understand it's not Ascend's fault here. And if we're honest, delayed delivery of the Sierra-2 kits is not a life-altering problem in the long run. We're all excited, no doubt, but sometimes things just happen outside of our control.

Dave, thank you for the update. You and your staff are doing a great job. I sincerely appreciate everything you've done for us.
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Wow...sorry to hear that, Dave. I guess you will have to wait to see what Brown can do for you!(And your customers). I'm sure that anyone in their right mind would not hold Ascend at fault. What time is UPS supposed to pick up all the packages going out for shipment?
    Our daily UPS pickup is at 5:00pm PST.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Our daily UPS pickup is at 5:00pm PST.
    OK, so everyone who is checking their tracking number, STOP!! At 5:30PM P.S.T. you may resume clicking on that number!!
    Ed

* (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6