Page 114 of 150 FirstFirst ... 109110111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

Hey, Dave, if we hadn't got it perfectly right after two years, somebody should have spanked us real good!

Here is a pic of Joe prepping some of the S2 upgrade kit parts for testing, prior to packaging and shipping.

And here is James testing a batch of S2 crossovers...

We are fully testing each tweeter, woofer and crossover in the kits. It is really a tremendous amount of work on our end, which is why we are still working today... But we will be partying it up in a few hours with a small office party
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by RAAL View Post
    Hey, Dave, if we hadn't got it perfectly right after two years, somebody should have spanked us real good!
    I think all the late night hours, dozens of samples, quite a bit of frustration (on both our ends) was well worth it The consistency I am seeing from completed speaker to completed speaker is simply remarkable.

You, sir, are an absolute master at your craft and for as long as I remain in this industry -- I will be a proud customer of yours!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

You know the Sierra-2 is going to be special when Aleksandar from raal is in here

Thank you for the compliment! I feel the same way!

I also think it was well worth it! We explored every possibility there is in a given form factor and got the absolute best of it! Physics sets the limits to all things and we certainly got to the limit with this one! It was frustrating at times, but only because every achievement is! It's supposed to be that way and as AC/DC says It's a Long Way to the Top If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll!
    I'm really glad that consistency is good! I personally measure each piece of tweeter coming out of here and rejection rate is very, very low. Even if it was bad, you still wouldn't get anything out of specs, but I'm a little surprised of how low it is. I guess I trained the crew really well in certain ways of thinking...They get genuinely aggravated if things aren't perfect and they will be very glad when I tell them what you said!

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by RAAL View Post
    Hello everybody!

It is sooo good to see the Sierra 2 finished!

Hi Aleksandar!!

Wow! What an awesome surprise! It's an absolute pleasure to see you here on our humble forum. Thank you and your team so much for the exceptional skill and tireless efforts involved with bringing this custom ribbon to completion. I simply cannot wait to enjoy this new product and it will be a great match to the custom 70-20XR in my Sierra Horizon.

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    You know the Sierra-2 is going to be special when Aleksandar from raal is in here
    Ain't that the truth!!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Here is a pic of Joe prepping some of the S2 upgrade kit parts for testing, prior to packaging and shipping.

And here is James testing a batch of S2 crossovers...

We are fully testing each tweeter, woofer and crossover in the kits. It is really a tremendous amount of work on our end, which is why we are still working today... But we will be partying it up in a few hours with a small office party
    WOW!! Now that's a wonderful sight! A huge thanks to James and Joe for going above and beyond. I mean, you could just assume the components work and simply pack 'em up. But no, this is Ascend we're talking about. NOTHING is a half-job.

And yet again I say...

HOW MUCH AM I PAYING FOR THE SIERRA-2?? Pinch me, please!
    -Jacob

If there was ever any doubt Aleksandar quoting Rock'n'Rollers on here tells me plenty about these guys' love for rock music and my Raal Towers are just the most awesome thing for it and I'm sure so will these Sierra-2s. Fantastic to see the big wigs talking it out on here. Merry Christmas to you all!

Has anyone's tracking info with UPS updated? I've checked a million times (unfortunately not way off from reality :/) and it just says 'a label has been created...' I know UPS is behind as well because of the holiday rush, so maybe that's why.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Has anyone's tracking info with UPS updated? I've checked a million times (unfortunately not way off from reality :/) and it just says 'a label has been created...' I know UPS is behind as well because of the holiday rush, so maybe that's why.
    I think that could be one issue along with how they are shipping them out at HQ - label made means it still may have not left. I have checked mine as well (ok daily, sometimes twice) and it has label made, to UPS facility and then out on a truck (truck is assumed) for its ground journey to next sorting facility - maybe Louisville or Atlanta for me.

We have waited a long time to get to this point and despite my age patient isn't something I always do well. Still in a situation like this - Christmas and shipping overload plus overworked Ascend staff - it is one word I am doing my best to focus on. Not much longer

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    You, sir, are an absolute master at your craft and for as long as I remain in this industry -- I will be a proud customer of yours!
    Dave, both you and Aleksandar are masters of your craft, and we are proud (and incredibly fortunate) to be customers of you both, and to be able to interact with you so closely via these forums and email. I really appreciate it.

As it happens, Neil Young Unplugged is on the RAAL towers with an appropriate post-holiday greeting: Long may you run.

Mark