Page 113 of 150 FirstFirst ... 108109110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

I'm Baaack!

We lived in our RV, which was in a in a web doldrum, for 3 months..... Finally getting settled in our new St George, UT home. Still considering smaller replacements for our Towers and Mini Horizon.

Anyone know the efficiency rating of the new Sierra-2 speakers? Will they be available in all finishes?

B.

Sierra Towers and the Horizon in a RV would be interesting haha

But I would love to know how much closer the Sierra-2 comes to the towers and how much of an improvement they are over the Sierra-1 with the NrT

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    Anyone know the efficiency rating of the new Sierra-2 speakers? Will they be available in all finishes?
    Hi B! Welcome back.

I highly recommend you review these posts from Dave. They will answer many questions you have.

Measurements - Set #1 (sensitivity rating included in first paragraph)

Measurements - Set #2

Sierra-2 - The Woofer

Pricing and finish options
    -Jacob

Hi guys,

I received a UPS tracking number a couple of hours ago! My two DIY kits are estimated to arrive on Thursday, January 2. Nothing like starting off 2014 on the right foot.

THANK YOU ASCEND!!
    -Jacob

I wonder what they are doing with all the returned Sierra -1 woofers and tweeters?

Hello everybody!

It is sooo good to see the Sierra 2 finished!
    I can tell you this much: There has been so much attention to detail invested in this project (by Dave, by SEAS and by us at RAAL) that it simply has to be one of the greatest "bookshelves" of all time, regardless of the budget, but we did it on a budget.
    A speaker must be designed as a system in order to become a great one. From the ground up. Every component must be tweaked or freshly designed in order to work well together with other components that are equally treated...it's an evolution that has to be managed in the right direction to get a system performing a set goal to perfection.
    In the old days, it could only be done by loudspeaker manufacturers that were making their own components, like KEF, Dynaudio, JBL, B&W, Whafedale...
    These days, those same manufacturers (who survived) lost their touch when it comes to delivering on a budget. Their founders are long dead, the board of directors is all about making money and they couldn't care less if they invested in speakers or toilet paper...they want their shares growing and don't care how.
    It was about time that someone takes over! (Hi, Dave!)
    Dave doesn't make his own components, but he certainly knows how to manage their evolution to get exactly what he wants.
    This is the modern equivalent of those famous manufacturers that did amazing speaker in the 80's.
    This is the way to go! Kudos to you, Dave!

Merry Christmas to everyone from all at RAAL!

Aleksandar

I too received an early XMas present via email earlier (I mean early) this morning that a package with 3 upgrade kits is on its way to Alabama. It is great to see the kits starting to ship and I look forward to being able to post my impressions of what I am sure will end up being one of the most talked about speakers in 2014. On what forum do see RAAL making posts - only for Dave. My only regret is not doing expedited shipping. Many thanks to Dave, Dina and the rest of the Ascend staff and suppliers that helped make this new speaker possible and our 1's upgradeable. It is going to be a great new year - good sound all around. Merry Christmas to all! Steve

Wow...there's something you don't see everyday....

Aleksandar, welcome to the forum, thank you for your post, and Merry Christmas to you and your crew at RAAL!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Wow...there's something you don't see everyday....

Aleksandar, welcome to the forum, thank you for your post, and Merry Christmas to you and your crew at RAAL!
    Double WOW!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post Aleksandar, it's great to hear your perspective!!!!

Merry Christmas to you, and yours.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by RAAL View Post
    Hello everybody!

It is sooo good to see the Sierra 2 finished!
    I can tell you this much: There has been so much attention to detail invested in this project (by Dave, by SEAS and by us at RAAL) that it simply has to be one of the greatest "bookshelves" of all time, regardless of the budget, but we did it on a budget.
    A speaker must be designed as a system in order to become a great one. From the ground up. Every component must be tweaked or freshly designed in order to work well together with other components that are equally treated...it's an evolution that has to be managed in the right direction to get a system performing a set goal to perfection.
    In the old days, it could only be done by loudspeaker manufacturers that were making their own components, like KEF, Dynaudio, JBL, B&W, Whafedale...
    These days, those same manufacturers (who survived) lost their touch when it comes to delivering on a budget. Their founders are long dead, the board of directors is all about making money and they couldn't care less if they invested in speakers or toilet paper...they want their shares growing and don't care how.
    It was about time that someone takes over! (Hi, Dave!)
    Dave doesn't make his own components, but he certainly knows how to manage their evolution to get exactly what he wants.
    This is the modern equivalent of those famous manufacturers that did amazing speaker in the 80's.
    This is the way to go! Kudos to you, Dave!

Merry Christmas to everyone from all at RAAL!

Aleksandar
    Hi Aleks,

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas as well. I know you are just as happy as I am that this project is finally completed It simply could not have been possible without you - and your patience and tolerance with my obsession to squeeze out every last bit of possible performance.

Sample after sample after sample, I am so pleased with the final results -- I absolutely LOVE listening to these speakers.

Thanks, Aleksandar, and everyone else at RAAL - come visit us soon!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com