Page 112 of 150 FirstFirst ... 107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

I'm guessing there's a shipping hold up on the Sierra-2 upgrade kits? With Xmas next week and New Years the following week there's going to be a hold up with shipping

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    I'm guessing there's a shipping hold up on the Sierra-2 upgrade kits? With Xmas next week and New Years the following week there's going to be a hold up with shipping
    Thanks for your patience!

The first production of two's shipped this afternoon, with another run scheduled for tomorrow. The upgrade kits will start shipping tomorrow and continue daily at a pace suited for our capabilities. We are all exhausted and working much too hard right now. As I have mentioned, definitely the wrong time to release a new product

I will say this, I have been listening to the two's for my de-stress breaks throughout the workday. These speakers are pure audio bliss, so easy to listen to, vocals are incredible and the soundstage just opens up compared to the Sierra-1 (which are well known for their imaging). In addition, and this will surprise many people - the overall dynamics are fantastic.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks for the update!

I know I speak for all of us when I say we're super excited to finally receive these into our homes. We the customers do have the easy part here (patience) considering how hard you all are working. The response to the Sierra-2 has been incredible, especially since Ascend hasn't done any official advertising. You guys are launching this product while still dealing with the overall brisk activity with holiday orders.

The Ascend staff, all of them, have my sincere appreciation and gratitude. I wish I was within driving distance so I could take everyone out to dinner (the very least I could do).
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Thanks for your patience!

The first production of two's shipped this afternoon, with another run scheduled for tomorrow. The upgrade kits will start shipping tomorrow and continue daily at a pace suited for our capabilities. We are all exhausted and working much too hard right now. As I have mentioned, definitely the wrong time to release a new product

I will say this, I have been listening to the two's for my de-stress breaks throughout the workday. These speakers are pure audio bliss, so easy to listen to, vocals are incredible and the soundstage just opens up compared to the Sierra-1 (which are well known for their imaging). In addition, and this will surprise many people - the overall dynamics are fantastic.
    Hey Dave,

Could you tell me what amplifier you use to drive the Sierra-2s ?
    CURRENT SETUP:
    JRiver MC and PS3 -> Onkyo TX-SR705 via HDMI -> Sierra-2 LCR & Energy Take Classic surrounds and sub
    =============================================

Dave, as usual you and the Ascend gang are going way above and beyond the call of duty!

As anxious as I am to start reading feedback from Sierra-2 owners I think I will survive waiting a bit longer.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

How about round mini grills that fit over the tweeter and woofer? Just big enough to cover the flange. They attach with magnets at the mounting screws. You'll need to use a screw with a flat head like a hex screw. Probably not the best acoustically but they are just for protection and removed during use.

Dave,
    Allow me to say that you guys and gals at Ascend deserve to have a great Christmas this year. Yall have done some amazing work getting these Sierra 2s developed and to market, so take all the time you need to get it finished right.

I'm not worried. You do not strike me as a 'give him an inch and he'll take you for a mile' kinda guy.

2014 is gonna be good.

WHAHOOOOOO Just got my UPS shipment notice.

Quote Originally Posted by stickx View Post
    Awesome! I know you must be thrilled.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you ordered a pair of Satin Espresso Sierra-2.
    Last edited by Dark Ranger; 12-20-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by stickx View Post
    Awesome! I can feel your excitement! I wonder when those who have ordered the kits will get tracking numbers? I am really more interested in those who do the upgrade and can comment on the changes in sound.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables