Page 108 of 150 FirstFirst ... 103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-2 Development Thread

I wonder how the Sierra-2s or Sierra-1s would compare with the Paradigm Signature S2 V.3. Those are considered by many to be the benchmark for "affordable" bookshelf speakers. Has anyone ever heard them before?

Quote Originally Posted by parimento1 View Post
    I wonder how the Sierra-2s or Sierra-1s would compare with the Paradigm Signature S2 V.3. Those are considered by many to be the benchmark for "affordable" bookshelf speakers. Has anyone ever heard them before?
    Paradigm sucks. Steely, hard, unnatural, unpleasant, boring, grating, lifeless, flat sound.

I heard the S2 V.1 a while ago...a great speaker. Didn't compare it side by side against anything, but remember the treble area being typical of Paradigm...being a bit more accentuated or forward than my Sierra-1's. Also remember them being a lot more expensive too.

Also...There was a letter to the editor, Doug Schneider of SoundStage, asking about the Sierra-1 vs the Signature S1. I posted it here..but can't find it. He was very complimentary of the Sierra-1 and its cost vs the S1.
    Last edited by curtis; 12-15-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Also...There was a letter to the editor, Doug Schneider of SoundStage, asking about the Sierra-1 vs the Signature S1. I posted it here..but can't find it. He was very complimentary of the Sierra-1 and its cost vs the S1.
    I can't find your post either, but I did find a thread discussing this very topic. The letter to Doug and Doug's response are included in the first post.
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    I can't find your post either, but I did find a thread discussing this very topic. The letter to Doug and Doug's response are included in the first post.
    Thanks Jacob!...that's the one I was thinking of.
    -curtis

I have listened to the studio series and the SE series, and was NOT impressed at all. Steely treble, woolly midrange and bloated bass. I figured that the Signature must be something special because it got such great reviews across multiple reviewers, AND it uses different drivers.

I have listened to the studio series and the SE series, and was NOT impressed at all. Steely treble, woolly midrange and bloated bass. I figured that the Signature must be something special because it got such great reviews across multiple reviewers, AND it uses different drivers.
    IMO...the CBM-170SE and CMT-340SE are much better values than the Studio and SE series from Paradigm.
    -curtis

Hi guys! First time poster and customer, my room is 10x11 wih the roof being a triangular shaped space. I ordered the sierra 1's and loved them but just found out about the 2's. They are letting me exchange or upgrade to the towers. I placed an order with the towers because I thought I'd buy once and never buy again.. But I'm wondering if that is overkill and or waisted money compared to the bookshelf which would leave enough money left over for a sub. I do like some thump to supplement the music ya kno? I have monitor audio rx6 now which are very bright if that helps give some sort of reference. Either way I am super stoked about my first pair of speakers!!! I really want to impress my dad who is an avid audio guy, without having to ask his advice like always lol. Any saved money would be great BUT I do understand the value of what I am potentially buying. Nothing makes me happy more than listening to music, especially with my job.

So, uh, I visited Ascend's YouTube channel tonight because I wanted to view the Boom Boom Pow Sierra Horizon demonstration for the umpteenth time (dude, it's been like 6 months since I last watched it). That's when I noticed a new video recently added to the channel.

I figured it's OK to mention since it was uploaded on the channel. You're welcome.
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Nickh90 View Post
    I ordered the sierra 1's and loved them but just found out about the 2's. They are letting me exchange or upgrade to the towers. I placed an order with the towers because I thought I'd buy once and never buy again.. But I'm wondering if that is overkill and or waisted money compared to the bookshelf which would leave enough money left over for a sub. I do like some thump to supplement the music ya kno?
    Questions: your setup appears to be mostly for music, not movies, right? Did you get the NrT tweeter or the RAAL ribbon?

If you can fit Towers in there, go for it. Those are pretty much "end game" speakers without spending mega buckaroos. The Towers also go pretty low and will sound great without a sub. However, I realize some folks like more thump and punch beyond what two 5.25" woofers can do.

Personally, I'd keep the Towers and save up for a sub down the road.
    Last edited by Dark Ranger; 12-15-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    -Jacob