Page 10 of 150 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Brandon,

No worries ... this will not affect the Sierra Towers.
    Thanks Dave! Congrats on the Sierra-1 upgrade, I am sure it will be well worth it for those interested.

Dave, I have a couple of questions

Will this upgrade cost more than the NrT upgrade?

Is this upgrade non-dependant upon which version we have, i.e. standard Sierra-1 or NrT?

Thanks
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Is this upgrade non-dependant upon which version we have, i.e. standard Sierra-1 or NrT?
    While I can not post details just yet, we have made a rather significant investment into the future of the Sierra-1 / Sierra-1 NrT.
    The way I read this, Dave is saying it applies to both versions of the Sierra-1. That tells me a thing or two about what the upgrade could be.
    Last edited by Dark Ranger; 07-16-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    -Jacob

Dave, I have a couple of questions

Will this upgrade cost more than the NrT upgrade?

Thanks
    Hi Mag,

I am quite aways away from final pricing on this upgrade but yes, I would estimate that this will cost more than the NrT upgrade.

Both will be upgradeable

More than likely, this will be an entirely new version of the Sierra-1 and will be called the Sierra-2. Sierra-1/Sierra-1 NrT will be upgradeable to Sierra-2 and this option is my #1 priority.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks, Dave! I was hoping the cost would be similar to the NrT but suspected that it would be higher.

Sierra-2? Now there's something to chew on!
    Ed

* (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6

Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    It's probably either:
    • Bluetooth radio for wireless connectivity
    • Waterproof enclosure that looks like a rock for outdoor use

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    Emphasis mine. I think the hint is the DIY option, not to mention the "uber performance." That does narrow it down based on what we know from previously mentioned prototype designs.

Yup, Dave knows how to tease us.

Might I add additional possibilities to logicology's list:
    • internal Class-H amplification of 2000 watts into 8 ohms (>120 dB SN @ 1 watt)
    • chameleon finish options to automatically blend into any decor
    • nano technology upgrade for improved sonic performance when evaluated in the realm of quantum mechanics

Whatever it is, I gotta have it!
    Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Wow, you guys crack me up! Won't you all be dissapointed when Dave announces the "uber" upgrade to be improved binding posts
    I got it!!

A direct/reflecting tweeter array! Finally, licensing has become available from the inventor of this coveted technology, B*se, and now we Ascend customers will finally benefit!!

So when do we get the one-note bass Acoustamass technology to go with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarny View Post
    Did you guys not get the email from Dave ????

The first upgrade is the stand for the Sierra. This will host the Rotary sub for the low frequencies. The sierra woofer will also move down here in a separated compartment and be servo controlled.

Uptop on the speaker cabinet, a new beryllium midrange will fit into the hole where the woofer use to reside. The last upgrade will be a plasma tweeter (have not read about this technology but from the looks of it, it should keep those pesky little fingers away after the first touch).

You guys creating all these rumors.
    Hmm.....rotary subs, Beryllium mids AND a Plasma tweeter? All we need now are Kryptonite caps in the crossover and we will have a genuine "Super" speaker!!

C'mon Dave, admit it.....we figured it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarny View Post
    Oh I missed a part of the email.

-"You can also send your fiance/wife's engagement ring in for a custom made diamond tweeter".
    I just read through all of these posts... Very funny!! I really like the one with Kryptonite caps and sending in your wife's engagement ring to turn into a diamond tweeter
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Difficult to say at this point, within a year though. I still have to work out some details but I believe the most challenging part is done. We are essentially designing and building custom parts from the ground up and committing to large enough purchase quantities to take maximum advantage of volume discounting to keep price points reasonable.

To be perfectly frank, the success of the Sierra towers has allowed us to make a significant investment back into our company and you, our customers, are going to be the beneficiaries

Hey, Dave. Is this upgrade going to be able to work for those of us who already own existing Sierra-1's? For example, the standard Sierra-1 tweeter that is upgradable to the Nrt. Or would we have to purchase a whole new pair of speakers?

I would personally like to see this upgrade for those who already own Sierra-1's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigg35 View Post
    Hey, Dave. Is this upgrade going to be able to work for those of us who already own existing Sierra-1's? For example, the standard Sierra-1 tweeter that is upgradable to the Nrt. Or would we have to purchase a whole new pair of speakers?

I would personally like to see this upgrade for those who already own Sierra-1's.
    See post #94!
    Ed

* (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6

ive been considering buying your speakers for a long time but now i might wait even longer gahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    ive been considering buying your speakers for a long time but now i might wait even longer gahhhhh
    If I remember correctly, Elmo, Ascend has a very generous upgrade policy for Ascend speaker owners. I think he said this upgrade could be made for current Sierra 1/NrT owners, too.

Of course, you could just go for the towers which may never be improved upon.

Just a thought.

Sheep