Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sierra-2 Development Thread

I'll stop lurking too...

While I would love to see the speakers sell at $1548, I'm guessing they'll be $1948/pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott82 View Post
    I'll stop lurking too...

While I would love to see the speakers sell at $1548, I'm guessing they'll be $1948/pair.
    That would put the 2's in the same price range as the standard Towers(More than the base finish Towers). That would really put a wrench in the machine. The Sierra-2's have half the number of drivers and use much less bamboo for the cabinets. Just trying to keep it in perspective.

Hopefully we will know for certain soon.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

That's true. I was working from the Sierra Towers with the upgraded RAAL tweeters that are about ~$2598/pair, so $650 less for the Sierra 2s seemed like a good ballpark figure. That being said, I'll be very happy to pay less.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott82 View Post
    That's true. I was working from the Sierra Towers with the upgraded RAAL tweeters that are about ~$2598/pair, so $650 less for the Sierra 2s seemed like a good ballpark figure. That being said, I'll be very happy to pay less.
    I would say ... $1548-$1648. This price locates Sierra-2 between Sierra-1 Nrt and Sierra Tower. Basic Tower, even with Nrt tweeter, is supposed to have a better mid range and bass. With the higher price it would be hard to advertise Sierra-2 then: "For those who don't have space for Towers"? I don't see many people complaining about lack of space on this forum.
    Last edited by rkoaudio; 11-18-2013 at 09:57 AM.