Page 83 of 150 FirstFirst ... 7879808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    Did anyone else notice how deftly, and cleverly Dave diverted the conversation from technical aspects of the new speaker to the "price guessing game?" Well done sir!

Jay
    I wouldn't call it diversion but next logical step to pick up brains about pricing.

Default Re: Sierra-2 Development Thread

I dunno since this will be a brand new speaker...I don't know if you can use all the other parameters being discussed using the Sierra 1 as the base model and factoring the NrT or the RAAL upgrade. I think you'll have 2 price points. First you'll have an introductory offer likely ~ $1400.00 & then you'll have the standard price of ~$1500.00...I believe...it might seem a little optimistic or a stretch on my part but a monitor priced around $1800.00 vs. a Tower starting around 1900.00 doesn't fit the Ascend business model.....JMO...
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Harro View Post
    I am thinking around 1848 a pair which brings it 750 less than the towers with the RAAL upgrade.
    From the first post of Dave's in this thread.
    "So here is where I look to forum feedback -- at $1798 / pair, would there be demand for a RAAL Sierra-1"
    Well, I think it's important to note that Dave was referring to a custom Sierra-1 using the custom 70-20XR ribbon (the same ribbon used in the Towers). This option adds $700 right out of the gate. The Sierra-2 uses a different and smaller custom RAAL ribbon.

I just wanted to clarify that we're talking about two separate products.
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    I dunno since this will be a brand new speaker...I don't know if you can use all the other parameters being discussed using the Sierra 1 as the base model and factoring the NrT or the RAAL upgrade. I think you'll have 2 price points. First you'll have an introductory offer likely ~ $1400.00 & then you'll have the standard price of ~$1500.00...I believe...it might seem a little optimistic or a stretch on my part but a monitor priced around $1800.00 vs. a Tower starting around 1900.00 doesn't fit the Ascend business model.....JMO...
    I agree on the 2 price points offers but we already know Dave must have had some figure in mind by his first post of 1798.00 for an updated version of the Sierra-1's We also know that Sierra-1's fully upgraded are 1188.00 and the Towers upgraded are 2598.00, so with the Sierra-2s with the new components it seems to reason they would cost somewhere near the towers without the RAAL. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    Well, I think it's important to note that Dave was referring to a custom Sierra-1 using the custom 70-20XR ribbon (the same ribbon used in the Towers). This option adds $700 right out of the gate. The Sierra-2 uses a different and smaller custom RAAL ribbon.

I just wanted to clarify that we're talking about two separate products.
    Now if we could just get Dave to give us a price on the new ribbon we could get a better guess and win our hats.

Now if we could just get Dave to give us a price on the new ribbon we could get a better guess and win our hats.
    I too am finally coming out of lurkingdom. You can have the hat. I want the Sierra-2s.

I read somewhere that the 70-10 is about half the retail cost of the OEM version of the 70-20XR. With the new Sierra 2 RAAL being proprietary of Ascend and knowing the 70-10 is about ~350.00 using a upgraded Sierra 1 as in your example would put the cost of the new Sierra 2 at ~$1538.00....of course this is only spectulation on my part....

I guess we'll soon find out but I'd wager a gentelemans bet that Dave will have some sort of Thanksgiving announcement on the Ascend Forum soon...again spectulation on my part...but I know it was of those sales (Memorial...I believe) that got my attention....

Re: Bill...

I agree on the 2 price points offers but we already know Dave must have had some figure in mind by his first post of 1798.00 for an updated version of the Sierra-1's We also know that Sierra-1's fully upgraded are 1188.00 and the Towers upgraded are 2598.00, so with the Sierra-2s with the new components it seems to reason they would cost somewhere near the towers without the RAAL. Just a guess.
    Last edited by billy p; 11-18-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Ok -- as promised

Please see the attached document.

Happy Monday!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

The pricing contest is also officially closed... Anyone know who was the first to post the winning price??
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    $1448 is exactly my guess as well, with standard natural finish.

Your winner is......