Page 130 of 150 FirstFirst ... 125126127128129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

I'm sure Dave and everyone at Ascend is busy but I was wondering when the official launch would be for these speakers and we'd see them on the website. Also looking forward to the larger audio community to catch wind of this speaker and maybe get some professional reviews.. (not to be little the reviews we've heard so far - thanks for sharing those.)

Quote Originally Posted by aenthusiast View Post
    I'm sure Dave and everyone at Ascend is busy but I was wondering when the official launch would be for these speakers and we'd see them on the website. Also looking forward to the larger audio community to catch wind of this speaker and maybe get some professional reviews.. (not to be little the reviews we've heard so far - thanks for sharing those.)
    I would assume after they are caught up with the backlog from current orders.
    Media PC: Intel i7-4770K, Asus Maximus VI Hero, 16GB RAM, 250G Samsung 840 EVO, XFX HD7870 GPU
    Software: JRiver MC 20.0.79, AnyDVD HD 7.5.8.0
    Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 13.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 28)
    Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
    Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as SL/SR
    Sub: Elemental Designs A7s-650
    TV tuner: HD HomeRun DUEL (2)

Quote Originally Posted by aenthusiast View Post
    I sincerely apologize for this. I got hit with this damn flu a few weeks ago and it has really beaten me up good. The good news is that we have just finished all of the Sierra-2 beauty shots, which is really the time consuming process in getting a new product on the site. You should expect to see Sierra-2's on the site within the next 2-3 days

In the meantime, please enjoy some of the attached pics (satin dark cherry and piano black)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Awesome!
    CURRENT SETUP:
    JRiver MC and PS3 -> Onkyo TX-SR705 via HDMI -> Sierra-2 LCR & Energy Take Classic surrounds and sub
    =============================================

They look great. Hope you're doing better. Thanks -

Default Re: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Sierra 2s are on their way!!! Can't wait

Those look amazing, really liking the satin dark cherry! Can't wait to get mine.

Just curious about separation and toe in for the Sierra 2. I have read that 30 degrees from center is a good starting point for placing the left and right speakers. Is this true for the Sierra 2? Also, what about toe in? Aim them straight ahead or toe in 5-10 degrees?

Agreed, they are beautiful for sure! Assuming there is an expresso finish as well, the dark cherry is lighter and would reveal more of the bamboo grain I presume.

On another note we know that the front baffle joint in the newer Towers was changed, going from a 45 degree mitre to a zig zag double rabbet. This results in an even stronger joint as well as nice reveal lines. I don't see such reveal lines in the Sierra 2 cabinets, so I presume the newer joint was not deemed necessary on the Sierra 2?

Mark

I understood that the new joint w/reveal will be implemented on the Sierra-1/NrT/-2 cabinet as well. Not sure if both Chinese and domestic built will have this though.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables