Page 122 of 150 FirstFirst ... 117118119120121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT: Next phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    It's a very happy evening at DR's house.
    Awesome, really looking forward to your comparison review!
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >

Default Re: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it either. The deliveries in my area weren't delayed. UPS is really taking a hit on their reputation. I sent packages the day before Christmas with USPS and they were delivered by the end of the week. One of them went most of the way cross country.
    So, did you get the "Out for delivery" notification? I'd think today would be the day!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Is anyone else having issues with getting the brown wire in the woofer to stay? It too big and slides off, can't get it to stay on

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with getting the brown wire in the woofer to stay? It too big and slides off, can't get it to stay on
    Sounds like you need to put a slight crimp in the connector. Do you have pliers?
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Sounds like you need to put a slight crimp in the connector. Do you have pliers?
    Yeah got it now! Just attach the woofer to the center and I'm done with my LCR, these look badass can't wait to hear them in a few mins

I think I'll soon need to buy 2 or 3 more Sierra-2s for my rears, these sound pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    Does anyone have the Nrt Towers to compare to the Sierra 2? Im at a toss up on which one I want.
    I have spent quite a bit of time directly comparing the two and I am unable to decide which I prefer. For dynamic content, the NrT towers are the better choice but for music listening, it is really a tough call. The two's are very spacious and offer remarkable imaging.

What is your priority? HT or music?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

The Twos are awesome! I'm loving these speakers and they look soooooo good. Their very spacious and how clear they are were the first two things I noticed from the NrT Sierra-1. Everything sounds so real, I was just watching Django on TV and there's a part where Leonardo is smoking at the dinner table and when he exhales it sounded like he did it from the left side in my room it spooked me and really caught me off guard, I watched it on Blu ray with the Sierra-1 NrT and it just didn't have that same effect. I'm noticing new things in both movies and music through these, maybe not new detail? But it just really polishes it up to making it feel real, really awesome speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    So, did you get the "Out for delivery" notification? I'd think today would be the day!
    As of yesterday evening, my delivery is scheduled for today. I'd like to say I'm 'cautiously optimistic' but I'd be lying. 'Wildly optimistic' is more accurate.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by JustABrah View Post
    The Twos are awesome! I'm loving these speakers and they look soooooo good. Their very spacious and how clear they are were the first two things I noticed from the NrT Sierra-1. Everything sounds so real, I was just watching Django on TV and there's a part where Leonardo is smoking at the dinner table and when he exhales it sounded like he did it from the left side in my room it spooked me and really caught me off guard, I watched it on Blu ray with the Sierra-1 NrT and it just didn't have that same effect. I'm noticing new things in both movies and music through these, maybe not new detail? But it just really polishes it up to making it feel real, really awesome speakers
    Very cool. Thanks for posting your initial impressions! Now you understand why I also made the decision to eventually upgrade all of my Sierra-1 NrT Surrounds, Backs and Heights to Sierra-2! Having my custom Wide speakers is what led me to that conclusion. Darn it all, anyway, because without that direct comparison (A-B testing my Sierra-1 NrT speakers vs. my custom Wides that use the Sierra-1 cabinets with the Tower mid-range driver and the RAAL 70-20XR in them), I probably never would have thought that there was even any room for improvement in my speaker setup!

I have always, and still maintain that the Surround channels are not as critical as the Front 3. Their job is primarily ambient sounds and occasional sound effects. But, hearing the absolutely 100% flawless transition from my Front 3 custom Sierra Horizon RAAL speakers to my custom Wides - it just opened up my mind to the possibilities. And it also demonstrated that, despite how truly excellent they are, the Sierra-1 NrT sound just noticeably different. Like you're saying, JustABrah, there's just an extra layer of detail and realism with - in my case - the Sierra Horizon RAAL speakers.

I'm SO happy to be reading several forum members' early impressions, and seeing them all describing the same thing! It gives me strong hope that the Sierra-2 will really do the trick for me, and deliver a truly perfect sonic match ALL around me

I think I have decided to start with just one pair, though. I feel my very best course of action will be to upgrade just one pair of my Sierra-1 NrT first, and then I can compare the Sierra-1 NrT to the Sierra-2 AND to my custom Wides! I'm very much hoping that the Sierra-2 really will match the sonic quality perfectly of my Fronts and Wides. That is clearly the easiest and least expensive way for me to achieve the level of (hopeful) perfection I am looking for! But, the RAAL 70-20XR and the dedicated Tower/Horizon mid-range driver ARE still different. So, I'm being cautious because I realize that it might turn out that the only way to get a PERFECT match ALL around me will be to use identical drivers in each and every speaker!

We shall see. But, I am very hopeful. Everyone's early impressions perfectly echo what I've been describing with my custom Wides. So, that is very encouraging. Fingers crossed!

- Rob H.
    Last edited by FirstReflect; 01-09-2014 at 03:42 AM.